Streamline

New user: Had a question about setting limits in Signcut?

Hi All,

Im a new user of US Cutter and Sign Cut. I have been around plotters quite a bit even used them a couple of times with Gerber and AI software. My question is in signcut X2 Trial version under calibration I cant seem to get it to calibrate without crashing into both sides of plotter walls. I have been looking through most of this forum for 2 days and have seen were people have had this similar problem for different reasons but there fixes have not fixed mine. Is there a way to set the limits on this plotter so it can go out of rang or set them in signcut?

Also was wondering can I use Corel X4 to cut directly to the plotter with out using a second program source?

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. The previous owner is not able to help me at this time.

My Unit:

US Cutter MH365

Unit is just over 2 years old.

Im second owner

USB connection strait to computer

Sign CutX2 Trial

Corel X4

OP: Windows XP Home Serv. PK 3

Guest crshirts

Yes I believe you can with that cutter.

as long as it is a windows cutter you can.

There is a post about it on here. If you can't find it I have it saved

Carl

Im using Windows XP Home. I have been looking for a post about this particular issue. I will look some more! Thanks

Do not use the calibration until you can cut some thing small. 10 x10 cm

SC is a plug in for X4 too.

Use the rocket icon in the top bar and selecl Signcut and it will convert your VECTOR image to SC.

Take care of metric and standard setting if you still like to calibrate.!!!!!

Let us know your result.

Paco

Ok thanks for that. I was not sure if because the head kept running into wall during cal. if that meant there was something wrong with this unit. I have been using the pen application at this time testing the cutter. I have accomplished writing a few things and drawing a motor cycle....lol I did download signblazer from us cutter, I don't relay like the colors they use on there program but I seem to figure out how to use it better than the signcut. Witch would be better for purchasing when I get to do that? Wish I could just cut strait out of corel but o'well cant have everything....lol

I changed the settings in sign cut to in. instead of mm little easier for me! I will not worry about calibrating seeing how at this time that doesn't seem to work write, but the cutter does seem to be cutting correctly.

Did you read the new bie manual

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html

If you are using Corel to design SC PRO is the way to go.

Design.

Click the rocket application icon and select SC PRO.

Your design goes automaticly to SC PRO.

Add weed lines if needed.

Hit CUT.

How easy can it be?

SB works nice too.

Just what your used to use.

oohps forgot the refine uses a REAL WINDOWS printer driver.

Paco

Thanks for all the replys!!! I have a lot of reading to do!!

CRD? When you say oops about refine using real windows does that mean I cant go strait from Corel to my plotter?

Also I picked up my first roll of vinyl today and some tools to try cutting my first words after some more practicing with a sharpie marker...by the way thats cool to that you can place a sharpie in the cutter to draw!! Even though my printer does the same thing some how it just seems more satisfying when the plotter does it...lol

O''' Also if I down loaded Signcut x2 from US Cutter did I get the pro one yall are talking about works good? Mine doesn't say Pro!

Also I was trying to figure out SC prices  :thumbsup: How much is it to purchase there software? I know from my friends that Flex is the way to go but unless they are going to buy it for me I don't plan paying there prices any time soon....lol

The refine as the document showed can accept direct printing from Corel just like any ordinary WINDOWS printer. Just try it.

Control+P slect refine driver.............

X2 is the old version.

here you can find the pro version http://www.signcutpro.com/

If you have corel in mine personal opinion you do not need other design software,

Depends if you understand corel well or not.

Let us know the result.

Paco

Corel is what I mainly use at work, Im not the best there with it but I know my way around it pretty well.

The problem I have is I've been unable to make the plotter show up as a printer. I think there must be a driver I need to use other than what I have in order to make the plotter show up as a printer?

If you use a program like SB or Signcut Pro the drivers are in these programs.

If you like to print directly from Corel you need to install a WINDOWS printer driver which I assume comes with the machine.

If not ask around in the REFINE section.

But you can start with the free SB version if you do not like it switch back to Corel.

Paco

Ok thanks guys for the help!!!!

At this time I have given up on the print directly out of Corel X4 like a printer would for now!!

What I have been doing is I downloaded the Signcut Pro and at this time I can only export out in EPS.file to be able to see picture in SC. When I try to export out in a PLT.file I get a lot of lines and no picture in SC Im sure its just some setting I will learn over time!

My question is I noticed that the eps.file when cutting out in SC my images after a bit seems to all start shifting to the right? I have read in places on here about different settings that you have to use when exporting files. Is there a way I have to export files to prepare for some kind of offset that happens in SC? :thumbsup: If a picture would help I will try to get one uploaded!

Thanks ahead of time for any help on this!!!

Not need to export as eps first from X4.

Use this link how to send direct from X4 make sure you do not send bitmap files with it.

http://signcutpro.com/component/option,com_quickfaq/Itemid,69/cid,4/id,4/view,items/

If you do not get what you want check this link.

http://signcutpro.com/component/option,com_quickfaq/Itemid,69/cid,4/id,6/view,items/

if that does not work let me know.

Currently at work and no access to Corel or SCPRO.

Paco

Ok now im getting somewhere the application launcher they are referring to in Corel strangely enough I have never used! :thumbsup:

That is were send to signcut has been hiding!!! I have been trying to find it in my tool bar tabs or under file!! :-

Thats the problem sometimes of only doing one set of things with software you don't ever find out how much is available and how easier things can be in the software you are using till you take time to learn new stuff!

Now that I found the send to SC button when I get back in today I will try using that to send the artwork to plotter and see if it will stay on track this time and not shift its lines off course during its cutting.

Thanks again for that info and the help; "CRD"

I will update as soon as I can do a test!! :thumbsup: