Sign in to follow this  
carvedinromano

Not cutting evenly

:thumbsup:  I cannot make my nemesis, Creation 730 bought Nov 2009, cut evenly. The right side of the vinyl is not cutting at all and the further I go to the left  the deeper it gets until it tears.  When I try to do it using the middle only, the right is  very faint and the left perfect. I have adjusted pressure and depth. I could cut in one spot  going down the roll but this is too wasteful and doesn't solve my problem for future, larger jobs.

Where the cutting strip is slightly marked I have put a very fine wet and dry sandpaper to remove any raised bits. I have cleaned the runners and replaced the blade. the depth is OK and the tracking is straight.  I have moved the vinyl into different areas of tracking but the results are the same. I am using cut pieces as well.  Or maybe the pressure on the feeder wheels is different?  This is a very new machine and I am wondering if I have bent the tracker rail when I jumped it off in the first week?  Not happy. Thank you  Carl  for the photos and member reply for my previous request.

This is day three. 

PS Inkscape is very good value and works well in combo with my MAC and Pixelhance for turning  photos - stencil. 

check to see if the carriage is on the tracks -- many times this is caused by carriage coming off track during shipping

The white cutter strip might not be level in the holder!

If it is left higher then right handside the causes your problem?

Paco

Are you sure your blade isn't extending and retracting on its own, when the carriage moves from side to side?