Sign in to follow this  
Lctm52

LCD Panel

I cannot seem to get my lcd panel to light up.  Just got the machine, set it up, did the practise cut, went to cut a small project and when I turned the machine on, the lcd panel will not light up.  Any suggestions?

Guest sciondrgn

I didn't think the LCD's were back lit, if so I missed something on mine  ;)

I just got one of the new LaserPoint machines.  I thought at first it was not coming on and had to get really close and at the right angle to see the LCD screen.  It is functioning but not easy to read.  Of course these 50+ eyes may have a little to do with that.

If this is normal I don't know.  I haven't time to do anything but power the machine up while I wait on a longer serial cable to arrive.

This is all brand new to me and hopefully I can get going this next week.  I do have the small Craft Robo I am using to cut t-shirt transfers and am hoping with the software upgrade this will be possible on the LaserPoint among other projects.

Hopefully there will be much more on the forums about this machine. The forum has already been a great source of information

Dan

When powered on, the LCD should display "Online", seems fairly bright to me. If it does not, then the carriage could be pressing one of the red buttons ont he cutter which would lock it up, and they display would not be correct.

Ken I think he is trying to say the display is not bright enough, not enough contrast? Is there a adjustment?

There is not an adjustment that I am aware of. It should be plenty bright, and if not, it could be a hardware issue.

I just fired up a LaserPoint, and when looking down at the LCD display, it does look a bit light. I actually have to go almost eye level with it or even a little below to set it at it's brightest. Probably just the way the LCD is angled that causes this.

Ken on other equipment that I have worked on there is usually a pot on the mother board the will adjust the panel to make it easier to read at a angle. I would be surprised if there is not one. But then again I have been wrong before.