Sign in to follow this  
pastortommy

Gigatribe

Does anyone on this forum use "Gigatribe" file sharing software to share graphics files with others. I know there are threads on the forum for such things but I am wondering if there is a like thought of doing actual file sharing. Let me know if you are interested. You can check out the file sharing software at:

www.gigatribe.com

My wife uses it to share files for homeschooling and art & crafts. It may be an easy way to share graphics etc. in the cutter industry.

:thumbsup:

Interesting.  It would be something nice to try.  Although it does seem to me that there would have to be a lot of people involved to make it worthwhile.  I had tried to start an FTP location a while back, but only 5 or so people participated, and after all of the graphics they had were shared the pool dried up. 

I could see this being better though because all you would have to do is select the folders where you keep your graphics and then only share those. 

I installed it its free for one user to share with at a time then 4.99 a month for unlimited

but still very cool

I am going to work on "share folders" tonight. I should have some shares up by tomorrow. Invite me as a group member. My user name on Gigatribe is:

Pastortom

I am going to work on "share folders" tonight. I should have some shares up by tomorrow. Invite me as a group member at:

tommynelson1@comcast.net

Sent, I have some things in already

Guest manwayvan

Hey Just seen this post and I will be participating today. As soon as I get home

also all you have to do is point to what files you want to share on your harddrive, thats all anyone sees and you invite who u want to see them. So its really ez to set up

Guest manwayvan

Hey Im setup too mountaingraphic@gmail.com

Guest manwayvan

I do not see one..I sent one to tommy but im not sure what im doing exactly

Guest manwayvan

Sorry guys I have withdrawn from gigatribe. It only supports 1 sided downloads at a time and is a slow speed. I am sure the premium is better but lets see if we can find another alternative that we all can share from. Great Try though

Sorry guys I have withdrawn from gigatribe. It only supports 1 sided downloads at a time and is a slow speed. I am sure the premium is better but lets see if we can find another alternative that we all can share from. Great Try though

Rapidshare, Megaupload, there are loads of upload sites that you can share links to files.  But, I'm pretty sure that you aren't going to find many that have good transfers, etc without buying a premium account.

The best way is to use an FTP like rjfox used to have set up.

Guest manwayvan

Ya thats what I was afraid of. Ill check around and see if i can find any other apps like gigatribe

The transfer rates on a free gigatribe membership are pretty good.

2.2 gigs=6 sec.

5.2 gigs. 7 secs.

These are the 2 biggest files that I have downloaded so far.

For a file sharing enterprise those are pretty good times. And you can't beat the price. Come and join us. The more, the better. And you can share any type of files. That comes in handy. Also I put the registration mark file for SBE out there for all who are invited to download from me.

Guest manwayvan

Wow that's crazy fast pastor. May just have been my network flakin out on me. I will give it a try again when I get home and see what I can get goin.

Guest manwayvan

Hey Small signs I will add ya as soon as I get home

thanks -- trying it out -- so far my network seems a little slow, but I goofed and started downloading an entire folder from Joe.

if we all work together we can share a bunch of good stuff.

Guest manwayvan

Ya it def has potential. and I like the fact that you can chat with the person also