kburk

Keyspan and Mac with 10.6.2 Snow Leopard HELP!!!

Ok so, I really need help anyone out there running a cutter this a keyspan using mac with Snow leopard.

1) what driver are you using

2)where did the drive install to

3) how the hell do I get mine to work

Mac says its the keypan driver install issue Keyspan tec does not call back!!

I'm running Signcut but they can't help :-

HELP!!!

thanks

Keith

Install Keyspan drivers from disk that comes with device, or check their site for latest version, use latest version.

open System Profiler, under USB tree, keyspan should be listed, that lets you know its active and system sees it.

USB works in the back ground in the Mac, when you go to SCP , see the "cutter" button, with the cutter on, click -- that should show a dialog of Manufacturer, cutter, >> Output device/ port << IF this does Not say xxx/xxx.KeySerialx << THEN use the pull down to find and select it.

there is a link to their website for help/ also the "help" button shows some definitions.

:thumbsup:

post-5268-12986549297157_thumb.png

post-5268-12986549305508_thumb.png

Karl,

Thanks for the reply! I have added the newest driver from Keyspan I did call them and got them to make sure that it was installed correctly and apparently it is correct. I have also made sure the settings are still right for the signcut pro ie that it is my cutter and all settings including keyspan is correct, but still no go?? it looks to Kimon that it is a communication error. He asked if the USB was under 6' it is and I just went out and got a new one just in-case. I have also tried to remove the driver and reinstall but no luck there?

I really don't know what to do. I need the cutter running by Wednesday by the latest I might have to go back to using a PC just for cutting if signcut pro or??? won't work with Mac.

Very frustrating!! I have been working on it for about a 2 1/2 weeks.

Thanks Keith

Still not running! 3 weeks with out the cutter is enough! I'm going to by a PC to use just for the cutter I guess

Keith

Got the cutter running I have dirty pins in the serial port in between the gender switcher and keyspan.

Holly cow do I have some cutting to do now I was down for 3 weeks!!!

gotta Run!!!

Oh and Kimon was a big help For the record!!! :thumbsup: 

Keith :thumbsup::);)

Ya so not cutting again :D Just when you think you got things working

So same setting same 3 foot USB same keyspan cutter won't cut is this a mac issue can some tell me that?

I fired up my last computer running XP same cable same cutter same keyspan and its working fine 2 seconds apart???

Just not getting it?  It has to be signcut with mac or keyspan with mac or all together???

I think it is something with the way keyspan gets slotted as a network although I don't set it up like that it asks every time I plug

the cable in do you want to bla bla bla this network.

Anyone willing to guess on this one. I'm getting really sick of this happening!  B)

Keith

Almost same issues here Keith.....finally got SignCut to recognize the Keyspan after the driver was installed......but the cuts are crazy and never finish.

Not sure what to do  :-  Let me know if you figure something out.

egraphics:  Isn't that a used vinyl cutter/printer?  Have you tried the cutter on a different computer to make sure it really does work correctly?  like on a windows version. 

Yes it is - worked properly when he sent it out.  I do have a PC with XP Pro on it - tried it on there as well and same thing.  Installed a driver for Keyspan for my PC, SignCut recognizes it - I hit cut, never finishes the cut and cuts random lines.

Is there a driver for the PC-60 that I need to install?  If so, where do I find one for Mac OS X 10.5......??

Thanks!  Keith not trying to hi-jack your thread, haha.

ok ... How do you really know it worked properly when they sent it.? Did you see current videos of it running?  Have you tried it with SignBlazer?  At least the software is free to try.  And if you download the full cutter version in the SignBlazer thread  your cutter is on the list.    Try it on the XP...

I know there is no proof - just the guy's word, which today can always be suspect unfortunately  :-

I installed the XP driver from Roland.....restarted my PC, it is listed in the printers section - but when I cut same thing.

I have not tried it with SignBlazer.  I will download the free trial and go from there.  Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Here is the response I got from Roland support:

"Mr. Engstrom,

We regret to inform you that we do not have Mac drivers for the PC-60 only for the PC side. Here is the link in case you would like to download drivers of the PC:

http://dg4.roland.co.jp/en/color.html#pc60"

So I already downloaded the driver for my XP machine - so it looks like I can not use this cutter with my Mac.  Which sucks.  Guess I need to design and do everything else on my Mac, then cut my file on my PC.  Ok, that is fine - as long as it works.

Here is the response I got my SignCut support:

"It is rare that a Roland has these issues, the type of problem you describe sounds like a memory overrun or static electricity buildup. Please first try powering your plotter of and then on before cutting. You also could try grounding the cutter to the stand and using some antistatic spray around the machine."

So....my cutter is on the stand, but the stand is NOT on wheels, and is on carpet........it is grounded (top unit to the stand).  Could this be the issue?B)

Not yet - I downloaded the trial version of SignBlazer - and Roland is not one of the options for a cutter  :-

Did you go to the stop of the Signblazer thread  where it says  Full Version Signblazer all cutters,  If so it is there  Under  Roland Color Camm PRO PC 60.   Cause that is where I downloaded this Sign blazer.  on my computer and it is there.  After you click cutter  set up.  You get a BOX with the cutters at the bottom of that box is LOAD  click it. 

I kind of feel like my last option is to do away with SignCut for now - and order FlexiStarter for Mac and try that software.........just confused and frustrating since the Roland and my Mac communicate via SignCut, but it just cuts incorrectly and incomplete - which makes me think software/communication.  Keyspan drivers are up to date, which enabled me to communicate originally.

So close - I was pumped when I got communication established, just doesn't cut correctly.

So I can try to get the correct trial version of SignBlazer (does signblazer accept .eps files to cut?) with my PC, or order FlexiStarter and continue to try to make it work with my Mac (sigh)  :-  Not really sure what else to do, especially when my orders keep piling up, and people are sending me checks for projects I can not even start right now......

Hey if anyone is interested I did get signcut working on my mac but just for 3 cuts then I shut down my MacBook Pro started it up the next day and have not been able to cut since then that was Jan 20th. :-

I really don't think that Sign cut is stable on Mac I have not heard back from Kimon. Really I dont know what to do.

I spend more time trying to get my cutter working and paying other people to cut my vinyl it really is not work the hassle.

Also paying for a program that does not work :thumbsup:. I can however cut just fine on a PC with signcut and my cutter no big deal

I have tried replacing my usb keyspan and updating every driver known to man. If I unplug my usb plug it in to a PC it cuts like a dream

I emailed Kimon back in January but no luck as I said also I have just recently pulled another ticket from Signcut but know responce from them.

Anyone know of another cut program for Mac?? I think I'm going have to go that way I really like sign cut but it does not work on Mac so unfortunatly

another program that is stable seams like the best option.

Keith

I bought an new imac July 09, running Leopard (before the upgrade to snow leopard) I ran my Copam 2500 with Signcut X2 and then Prod. Pro. Run fine no problems, then the upgrade came from mac to Snow Leopard, it all came to a crashing stop. I can run the program fine but it will not communicate with the cutter at all. I send my art to my old ibook G4 and it runs the software for me. that SUCKS too. EXTRA time....