Sign in to follow this  
JSPEK

zencutBLACK @ uscutter

Not all of them have prices listed, you have to send them a message.  The PCuts that I saw said $200-$380 (based on size, I would guess), FOB. 

I still didn't see any prices in the Pcut link you posted.

At any rate, ordering the minimum of two (assuming this means actually 2 cutters and not 2  shipping containers of cutters) you can probably add a minumum of $100 shipping to that.

Add the expense of salaries for at least 10 employees.Warehouse rent,utilities,marketing,etc...I don't think the P-cuts are prices that high at all. In fact, the profit margins are probably very low.

So, saying you can get a cutter for $200 is just plain stupid. Remember that Marcus and all other suppliers are taking a chance on whether they will even sell enough to show a profit. Tying up their money.

I bought a refine a few months back...$319 including shipping. You do the math.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/266414748/vinyl_cutting_plotter_with_CE.html

That looks like the Pcut, or very similar.  Price says $280-400, minimum qty of 1 unit.  If $400 is for a 50" cutter, I'd say thats a pretty good deal, but without checking further, I can't be sure that is true at all.  Shipping would definitely be at least $100.

Nonetheless, I agree with what you are saying.  USCutter makes it easier to buy cutters, rather than having to deal with some Chinese company who will probably give you no warranty.

I was just showing that Jeremy is correct, the same cutters have different names because they come from China and are re-branded to whatever the seller wants them to call them.

I knew that already...but I hate to see someone post like Jeremy did,implying that somehow Marcus is ripping people off by charging so much.

Someone told me a few years back that in order to get the 24" refine type cutter for $160 you had to order 1000 of them.

Marcus doesn't just make it easy, he makes it affordable. And, he backs up what he sells.

As for the ZenCut or jaguar or whatever you want to call it..the differences in construction,including Servo motors as opposed to stepper motors..I doubt Marcus is getting them all that cheap.Certainly not for $300.

as for those prices..well, if $280 USD is the minimum, that's a 12" cutter...which of course comes with no stand...and neither does the 24" cutter. Doesn't sound like such a good deal to me.

Guest fivestar

noone uses the same name for the unit because they come unnamed from china lol. this unit is around $200-$500 from a couple chinese suppliers depending on how many are bought.

well...if that is the case then its amazing how well they are for that price. I paid over 2k for my 40" and it cuts EVERY bit as good as my Roland sp300v. its also super quiet, blazingly fast,accurate,tracks well. I just have ZERO complaints about it right now. If i could get another for 500 like you say, id buy 3 right now.

Your Roland Sp300V is a printer first and a cutter second.  It doesn't cut near as well as a regular Roland cutter. ;D

still dont see a GCC Jaguar there so, im thinking no way you can get one for under 1900 on a 40" with a account. i think the 40"'s are going right now for 2700-3000 each.

noone uses the same name for the unit because they come unnamed from china lol. this unit is around $200-$500 from a couple chinese suppliers depending on how many are bought.

well...if that is the case then its amazing how well they are for that price. I paid over 2k for my 40" and it cuts EVERY bit as good as my Roland sp300v. its also super quiet, blazingly fast,accurate,tracks well. I just have ZERO complaints about it right now. If i could get another for 500 like you say, id buy 3 right now.

since you are the only person here who actually has the cutter,and is qualified to judge it... I,for one, appreciate your input. Nothing like first-hand experience.

Your Roland Sp300V is a printer first and a cutter second.  It doesn't cut near as well as a regular Roland cutter. ;D

mine does. if yours doesnt you should call roland bc it cuts every bit as good as my roland gx series.*edit*I could have gotten lucky though.but if im not mistaken they are built from same cutting platform.

since you are the only person here who actually has the cutter,and is qualified to judge it... I,for one, appreciate your input. Nothing like first-hand experience.

if you look around a lot of LARGE sign supply places sell them. look at their prices, if they were not truly worth the amount, no one would sell any imo.

I have the ROland sp300v,the copam, a gx400 and the jaguar 40" and I think they are all good cutters. my rolands and the jaguar are GREAT cutters though!

Guest fivestar

Mine cuts as good as a GX series, but mine is an SC printer, which was based on their cutter platform, I was told the new versacamms was NOT based on their current cutting platform.  I'm glad to hear yours cuts well.  That's just what I was told.

This is no where near the base price of this unit and John is correct when he says you have to buy 100's of these units to get any kind of substantial reduction. He is also correct when he says you must look at the added cost of supporting these machines, supplying warranties, shipping them from China to our location, then shipping them from our location, and storing them locally in order to provide a timely delivery. We offer the best price on the market for just about everything we sell. We are able to do this because we are able to do everything above in an efficient manor.

Mine cuts as good as a GX series, but mine is an SC printer, which was based on their cutter platform, I was told the new versacamms was NOT based on their current cutting platform.  I'm glad to hear yours cuts well.  That's just what I was told.

I have spoken with 2 people that have reported inaccurate cutting of text under .5", but I have spoken with many more that say that their versacamms cut great. I think that talking to Roland if your versa is not cutting well is a good idea.

i never said anything bad about you guys selling them for so much, if you can make that much money off the units then good for you.

im just saying how much i have seen them for. i buy stuff from china and i do search the sites where i look for my stuff and have seen them go for the price i listed with a MOQ usually around 100-200. and now that price isnt a 12" lol