Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

what all will I need?

Hello, I too am a novice to the idea of a vinyl cutter, I have been reading the posts and want to make sure that I have all the info right,

I have a salon and want to make my own signs, to this point I have been making them by hand, it's very tedious not to mention primitive and the signs just dont look as professional as well... at all. I am wondering if all I need to purchase is 1) the cutter w/software 2) vinyl rolls- by the way, is that only the vinyl with the pull off backing or the vinyl that your actual banners are made from, that you can get from the trucking companies. 3) and the clear tape backing.

Then I just install it onto my pc and voila? Or am I missing some thing else that I need to by to get this ball rolling? Thanks in advance. Kim 

Did I say something wrong guys? I'm sorry if I have cause I see so many of you have looked at my post but nobody has offered any advice. I have always wanted to be a graphic artist for my second career since I've always done my own design to this point and I really thought this might be another good way to go since I have several family members and clients who have businesses and would be able to get their siignage from someone they knew. But I want to know what all is involved. If anyone would like to help me get started I would much appreciate it. Thanks

Hello, our plotters come with most of the things you will need to get started such as cables, software, starter blade(s), etc. You will need to buy vinyl which does have a backing you peel off after cutting out your letters or design. Besides a computer that is technically all you need to get started, however there are many other tools you will want to buy to help you make signs such as application tape, squeegees, weeding tools, etc. You may even want to go to a local sign supply shop to see all the items they have and get a better idea of the investment you are looking at, try this place www.fellers.com