I have a 24" Creation PCut for about a year maybe a little more. No major problems. Some freezing on big jobs but really only while using Flexi Sign Pro. Once I started using the SignBlazer software the problems stopped. The problem with flexi seemed to be depending on which was turned on or opened first. I think Flexi needed to be opened before turning on the cutter. Not 100 % sure though.

With SignBlazer doesn't really matter, always works.

Anyway, cutter is still working great just starting to get a little noisier. Any recomendations for Preventive Maintenence ? It would be great to cut off any future problems before they arise.

Thanks

I would bet the problems you are having with Flexi have more to do with the connection method than the software. Are you using USB? As for the maintenance I don't think there is any to be done other than keeping the blade holder clean. Everything is sealed bearings that cannot be serviced.

Jay

Could be the fan getting a little noisier but that way you know it is still working :thumbsup:

I found that if I turn on the Production Manager, then open Flexi  - do my stuff,  send to cut/plot to manager    when cutter is offline,  go online at control panel and then send, I have no problems and can send  a number of files  or repeat files using the USB. If I don't follow this order of Manager, Flexi, manager, cutter  the communications are unreliable between the programmes and the cutter.  I am very new to my plotter but managed to set up XP,  manager and Flexi with no issues at all using the USB. As a Mac user this was all new to me. If only I was as confident with the Vinyl cutter hardware.

Replacing existing fan with a bearingless fan from a computer store like Fry's eliminates the fan noise however nothing I can see will reduce the noise while cutting...

In another note, the problem with stalled jobs seems to have been cured by other forum members by placing a drier sheet in the roll you're cutting to eliminate the static, worth a shot.

RG