Sign in to follow this  
mikerob2334

USDOT # size/font

I have a guy that wants graphics for his truck along with DOT #s. He asked about regulations on size and font for the DOT #'s and I can't find a thing. On the trucks I've looked at it looks like most are 2" in Impact. Does anyone know if there are any regulations on the font/size?? Thanks

2" tall is correct. Block Font like Arial, allthough I have made them with other fonts.

Have fun,

Jon

Thanks! What about color? His truck is white, company name is red with a silver outline. He's wanting the DOT #'s to be the same colors.

I did our trucks at work 2" in red. There are regulations. They have to be readable from a certain distance( I don't recall that distance) but I do know 2" letters were plenty big. Check out the DOT website its on there somewhere

Mike

Check out the DOT website its on there somewhere

First place I looked. The problem with government websites is they have TOO much info. Been searching and just can't seem to find the answers ;D

Here is what I found.

© Size, shape, location, and color of marking. The marking must

Thanks Joe , that is interesting .

Congratulations on quitting smoking . I think nicotine has to be the most addictive & hardest to quit stuff there is . I tried Skoal peach smokeless tobacco for several months & I am amazed how addicting it is . If I had used it for a longer time period , I don't know if I could have quit .  :thumbsup: