Sign in to follow this  
kkappy

T-shirt business

Hello everyone.  Well I have created a ton of t shirts and decided to take the next step and create some business cards and a website.  But where do I begin?  I was curious as to what other people were doing?  When I create a website, i would like to have the t-shirts they can choose (without the price) etc.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

When I have been doing my t-shirts, i have just been going to walmart and buying them there.  Is there some place online I can set up an account and they can be on my website?  How does everyone else do this?

Also, I was getting into the transfer paper too, does anyone have any good suggestions on transfer papers?  Or a good screen printer? :thumbsup:

I have used Jiffyshirts.com with success but am looking for cheaper ideas as well. I like the Gildan 2000 T-Shirt-

When you say you created a ton of shirts, I take that to mean you have designed a ton of shirts, but haven't made any yet, right?

You can go to someplace like Jiffyshirts, save images of different shirts you want to offer and then use those on a webpage, either to mockup your designs on, or just to show as an example.

You also might want to look into places like Shopify or others like it.  They allow you to easily create a website with a integrated cart function, at the sacrifice of a small percentage of your selling price.  This is a good way to start out if you don't have web design skills or the money to pay for it.

Jet Pro Soft Stretch from Coastal Business is a common transfer paper.  As far as screenprinters go, I would recommend you speak with some printers local to you and see if you can work out a good price that way before trying to sub it out online.  Since you are new to this, working directly with the SP can help you optimize your designs for lower cost printing, as well as make it easier to get faster turnaround, resolve issues, etc.

I have an account setup with Golden State Activewear (gsactivewear.com). I find their shirts runs about $0.60 less per shirt than Jiffyshirts (it addes up if you're making an order of 100+ shirts). I also use them because they're fairly local to me, I place my order before 4pm, and I get it UPS to my door stop by noon the next day.

Who can i got to for a catalog to show my customers without the prices??  Is that available anywhere?  Does anyone else do this?

The place I use locally is Wolf Printables in Louisville, KY. They do ship shirts if you order by phone. They have a Gildan catalog that shows the shirts without pricing and a color chart that is made from the fabric of the shirts.

You can give them a call at 800-882-9653 to get pricing. Their white 100% cotton pre shrunk Gildan tees are like $1.60 for sizes up to XL. With your order just ask them to send the catalog and color chart.

They don't have a website at the moment.

Most of the companies have catalogs available with or without prices, Alpha, S+S, Sanmar, etc.  I ordered custom catalogs from Sanmar, they will print your logo on the front and a full back cover with whatever verbiage you want for about $2 each, shipped.

Sanmar is asking for a State Resale License # for Garment Industry.  What is this?  How do I get one?

Depending on what state you are in, you can register for it online.  You will then get a certificate in the mail a few weeks later with a number.  Some states have resale #'s, mine IL only has a registered business #.

Note: Depending on the state, you may also have to file quarterly sales tax statements, which you can just file as 0 if you don't collect any sales tax yet.

It sounds to me like your wanting to set a business and begin to sell shirts and offer the stuff online. I would suggest looking into getting a business license, resellers license and all the permits needed before beginning your journey into this. Just like midwaste stated, if your doing business and opting out of sales tax and charging your customers the tax, you will need to file your taxes with the IRS, in Ohio it's bi-annually.

As far as companies asking for your resellers, almost all of them are going to want this documentation before they will cut you the price of their resellers program.

Def look into getting all the documentation work, business and legal stuff worked out before you start selling.

Guest fivestar

Just like midwaste stated, if your doing business and opting out of sales tax and charging your customers the tax, you will need to file your taxes with the IRS, in Ohio it's bi-annually.

That depends on the volume of sales, we file monthly now, which is a PITA.

Not sure if this applies to all States, but keep in mind that any products you purchased using your resellers number but don't end up selling, you're still liable for an inventory sales tax at the end of the year. At least that's how it works in CA.

I guess I should start pulling everything together to file my sales tax with the BOE...