Sign in to follow this  
uarower

Help with MH721 in Flexi

If you have the Flexi program installed and want to set up the Refine plotter you can use the Roland PNC 1000 driver.

I tried but it is still not working. I've tried with the lpt port and the usb port. I don't have a com port on my computer.

Have you tried to cut with Artcut to see if that works ok? If it will still not cut with Artcut this probably is an issue with the communication between the PC and plotter. You can email me here directly so we can work this issue out faster.

marcelc at selltopia dot com

(replace at with @ and dot with .)

Spoke with the customer and we worked through the issue. Turns out it the Com setting for the USB to serial emulator driver was set to Com 6 in the device manager. We set that to Com 1 and changed the device settings in Flexi to use Com 1 and it worked through USB.

I am also having a problem with flexipro 7.5 the cutter works great using artcut but will not work on lpt1 or com1 with flexi. any suggestions?

In flexi you have to use the roland pnc1000 driver.I think artcut uses the refine or selltopia driver,but it doesn't use it in flexi.

Hello, if you are having problems getting the plotter to communicate with the computer please email me, or call us here during business hours.

You can call us at 425-284-2282 between 9-3 Pacific Time M-F

Just got cutter (MH721) about a few days ago from Selltopia (finally won one on eBay lol)

Using FexiSign Pro 7.6v2

Cutter setup says "e speed +4 vale" Baud 9600

Computer (Dell Inspiron9100XPS w/WinXP Pro) has no lpt or serial ports, only USB

Flexi says it's on COM4 for this cutter / 9600 - 8 - n - 1 - flow control hardware - only box checked is CTS

Loaded the virtual usb serial converter and that show up in device mgr under my usb ports

Can cut once, if I'm lucky twice (switching rolls of vinyl) before it stops cutting and throws out a write port error (in prod mgr says "cannot open port). After that only way it will cut again is if I uninstall all the usb drivers from computer and let them reinstall.

I know there's got to be a way to fix so I can cut and keeping cutting when switching vinyl or going to the next cut job ...

so, where's the prob lay? Help please, before I go ballistic on this whole contraption LOL