Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Handy tool for trimming at the cutter

tip

there are several brands, this one is by Scotch, it is a standard xacto blade in a protected holder,

I have not yet tried to replace the blade, but it looks like you just use needle nose pliers and pull the old blade out, put a new one in.

you just slide it along, it cuts, you have a reasonably straight cut.

works great for trimming off cuts between jobs, when leaving vinyl in the cutter.

post-5268-12986548759135_thumb.jpg

post-5268-12986548759882_thumb.jpg

post-5268-12986548760422_thumb.jpg

post-5268-12986548779414_thumb.jpg

post-5268-12986548779534_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1298654877965_thumb.jpg

I use something very similar, its one of those cheap plastic letter openers with the tiny razor blade in it, the narrow pointy bit goes under the vinyl and sits in one of the slots on the front of your cutter to guide it along and then you just push. cuts it dead straight everytime which makes lining up the roll next time alot easier.

Most stores would carry them around their gift wrap isle John. You might even get lucky and catch some on Christmas Clearence!! I am going to check Wal-Mart for one this week.

Yep, I have a bucket jar of these by the cutter, and a couple more on the work table.  They are great, when they get dull I toss em, they are only ilke $5 for a 4 pack at walgreens after xmas.  Normally I think they are like 3 bucks apiece.