Sign in to follow this  
fireguy

Transfer tape problems

Made some decals :thumbsup: When i applied transfer tape and tried to remove the decal it would not come off the paper. :- Am i doing something wrong or do I need better stuff. Also I give the decals to someone to apply what do i put the decal on so it want stick to everything. I am using the transfer tape from the starter kit uscutter and bgs vinyl.

instead of pulling on the transfer tape. flip the decal on its face and rub the back side with your application tool. and then pull the backing paper away from the tape not the tape from the paper. but if you need to stick it on something else put it on wax paper.

Made some decals :thumbsup: When i applied transfer tape and tried to remove the decal it would not come off the paper. :- Am i doing something wrong or do I need better stuff. Also I give the decals to someone to apply what do i put the decal on so it want stick to everything. I am using the transfer tape from the starter kit uscutter and bgs vinyl.

also suggest getting better brand of vinyl.  too many complaints on BGS vinyl..  it is vinyl to "LEARN" on and that's about it.  Ya know to use for scrap.    Just my 2c.  get some Oracal 651 or another good intermediate vinyl.  You will feel and see the difference right away. 

instead of pulling on the transfer tape. flip the decal on its face and rub the back side with your application tool. and then pull the backing paper away from the tape not the tape from the paper. but if you need to stick it on something else put it on wax paper.

+1 on turning it over and peeling off the backing. Also make sure that you are not cutting into the backing paper. If you cut into the backing paper I find it makes it really difficult to get the vinyl off.

Jay

I just looked at the starter kit to see what kind of transfer tape it is and it says us cutter classic app. tape. It is not very sticky. I will order more what does everyone suggest. I will go ahead and order some better vinyl also.

App tape is supposed to be low adhesive. I recommend taking a close look at your cuts to see if you are cutting into your backing. This will make weeding and removing your vinyl with app tape very difficult. The technique mentioned above where you flip the vinyl over and peel the back off of the vinyl instead of trying to use the app tape to pull the vinyl off the backing is also something that you must do.

BGS is entry level vinyl and has been known to not handle very well. We call it practice vinyl. I highly recommend checking out GreenStar and Oracal 651. These vinyls will be night and day as far as performance goes.

got in the main tape perfectear and some oracel vinyl. The main tape was alot better. Have not tried the oracal yet. thanks for the help.

Main Perfect tear is paper tape,  I love it,   works great and lays real nice

ill have to try it, i need some larger paper tape and have been wanting to try something other than the rtape i have. where do you get yours

another reason is if your hand is sweating and you rest it on the vinyl and it takes awhile to weed it will put a layer of like greese from your hands on it and not stick as good