n7kon

Graphtec or Roland?

I am about ready to buy a cutter I can cut decals and printed vinyl on. I have a PCut now and it work fine just cant do some of the things I am getting asked for.

My question is

Are there any major advantages or disadvantages between the roland gx-24 and the ce5000. I see a lot of folks here really seem to like there 5000 which is good. I also like the fact that the graphtec has a plug in for coreldraw. I use corel for all my art work from embroidery to screen printing and vinyl. Have to transfer it to other programs to do the vinyl  so if I understand it I can work right out of corel using the plug in. That is a big plus for me.

Any advice would be helpfull thanks

KeithH

acmeembroidery and screenprinting

I have a larger model FC7000MK2-75 and love it..  it tracks great, runs quiet and smooth,  I have no knowlege of a Roland.   I actually use Flexistarter with my cutter.  Works great.

I have the Graphtec and love it - the Rolands are nice also just personal preference and with me a deal on the Graphtec

I don't know if this is relevant, but I went from a used Roland Stika to a used FC 3100 Graphtec and an totally blown away by the Graphtec's speed and how quiet it is compared to the Roland. The Roland was starting to have tracking issues as well, which is why I wanted to upgrade...I would bet a larger Roland wouldn't have the issues I had with the "hobby grade" Stika, which DID serve me well for 5 years and another owner before me used the pants off it for a few years too.  The Graphtec is also well used but it is still functioning 100 percent from what I can tell so far.

Thanks for the information. I see a lot of good about both and just don't know which way to go. As I said before I do like the idea of using the cutmaster 2 and corel as I use corel but don't want that guide me away from a better cutter. So if they are the same quality then the graphtec would win right now.

Thanks again for all in input

KeithH

Guest sciondrgn

I went from a PCUT to a Graphtec.. Total Night and day difference  ;D

KeithH,

I am about to jump into a graphtech myself, have had  my pcut for 1 year and served me good, but am upgrading because the little pcut just can not keep up with the amount of work i am sending it.  I found that Ordway has a special on the graphtech CE5000 version for $1295 with stand so I am going to put my order in today, free shipping to.

bizzytop

I will use this thread too if you don't mind, because I am also looking to purchase a new cutter. I have purchased a used Roland CX-24, but the machine was not OK and I've returned it. So I am now looking for a new cutter and it's going to be either Roland GX-24 or Graphtec 5000-60. I know these two machine are compared many many times on most of the forums and I have saw, that they are very similar, but I want to ask two more questions: I will use the machine mainly for cutting small enscriptions, so which of the two will perform best? And also - which software is easier to use - Roland's (CutStudio) or Graphtec's (Cutting Master 2). I know they both have Corel Plugin, which is important for me, because I only use CorelDRAW, but I am new in this, so I am also looking to find the easier software to work with.

I don't know much about the Roland. I run the FC8000-75 Graphtec. I love it and I use Adobe CS3 and CorelDraw X4. Cutting Master will work well with both. Cutting Master nothing but Flexi Production Manager Module. I have actually did a decal that would fit on a fingernail with CB15U. Accruracy is superb.