Sign in to follow this  
repodon

have a question to the group

i done a drinking glass 16 oz i did with the harley davidson logo and on other side of drinking glass i put a harley davidson on other side it is sandcarved and i took it to the local harley davidson shop. Gave it to the manager and she liked it asked me to bring some samples of what all i can do and some flyers and she will pass my name to every body.    Now my qeustion is to the group would i be best to get it in writing for the permission to do the logo and also the harley davisdon as it is copy righted (just to cover my ass) get it in writing

i know i should have thought about this daaaaaaaa common sence will tell me any thing i do get it in writing if it is copywrited  daaaaaa smacks self in head

The go ahead from the local dealer probably would be worth nothing as the Harley Davidson Corp holds the copyright to every thing concerning its name or logos . just my opinion the only real release would have to come from the harley corp.

Dan

I would ask her to get permission from Corp to make them. since she is a dealer she might have more pull. Especially if making promo stuff for her dealership.

I would ask her to get permission from Corp to make them. since she is a dealer she might have more pull. Especially if making promo stuff for her dealership.

I agree.  All the dealers have some sort of agreement with HD to make their own respective dealer gear.  However, you would probably be limited to making items with their dealer-specific HD logo.  I would guess they already have some pre-determined agreement on the logo style/design and usage with corporate HD.

thanks to all for your input i wqill be getting up with her on tuesday  and seeing about haveing her contact the corp and getting it in writting  thanks to all thank you

Don ,

I suggest being VERY carefull . Harley Davidson is 1 of the most fierce defenders of copyright infringement  . What you gave the manager is enough to put you in a bad position " IF " they ( Harley Davidson Corp ) decide to move against you . The earlier post about Harley Corp only having the right to give permission is correct . Even if making dealer specific stuff , the dealer has to get approval from the Corp . I know as my wife worked for Annapolis Harley Davidson several years & she was in charge of buying merchandise . She says Harley might give you a warning & rip the dealership a bit , but nothing more at this stage .  :thumbsup:

thanks roger i am going to go and meet with her on tuesday as they are closed on sunday and monday and i am going to ask her to get ahold of the corporation and have it in writting to cover my ASS

You are welcome don  :thumbsup: