jeremySI

Etched glasses for xmas

needed something to give for Xmas so my wife and I figured we would make these up since my family loves the navy stuff.

DSC_0658.jpg

Very well done, are they sandblasted or armour etched?

armour etched. trying to get the whole decal thing going off first then i am going to look into getting a sandblasting setup going

Very nice.

I bought a sand blast cabinet a little over week ago.    I've blasted at least 44 coffee mugs/pilsner glasses for Christmas presents.  There may be more, but I've lost count.

I've sold another 16 glasses.  I need to fix the ratio of gifts and sales.  :thumbsup:

They look very nice.  I'm new to this board and haven't had a chance to read a lot of the post but may I ask what kind of cutter you are using?

Babsmike88

butnz  what kind of place did you sell them to as Ive tried every tom dick and harry around here in fayetteville NC and cant get nothing  Ive tried gift shops Ive tried golf shops Ive tried every body there are and just frustrated tired of giving and not receiving

butnz  what kind of place did you sell them to as Ive tried every tom dick and harry around here in fayetteville NC and cant get nothing  Ive tried gift shops Ive tried golf shops Ive tried every body there are and just frustrated tired of giving and not receiving

Mostly friends and family.  Giving away gifts seem to be my best advertising.

My parents ordered 7 for their friends.  One of those has said she might order 23 of coffee mugs for her grandkids.

I gave a couple pint glasses to my parents neighbor, they ended up ordering 4 mugs for some of their friends. 

We gave a coffee mug to my daughters piano teacher, she in turn is ordering one for each of her 6 kids. 

I gave one to the president of my company, and it looks like he may order some for his office kitchen.

I'm also a long time member of a few other non-carving/vinyl forums.  I received permission from the moderators to sell forum logo decals and etch glasses.  That has resulted in quite a few sales and custom orders.  I'm still not to break even for the vinyl cutter and all the sandblasting equipemnt, but should be in the black soon.

wedding planners?

At a Christmas party my wife and I needed gifts for a gift exchange. The max you could spend was $5.00. I found some Champagne that was on sale, etched a big snow flake on one and a snow man on the other, along with some info about the party and the year. They were the hit of the gift exchange. I explained I could put just about any saying on the bottle, for weddings, anniversary's and such. Got five orders that night.

I used a red colored bottle for the Christmas exchange, but have done the green bottles also. Talked with the local limousine company and a wedding planner, all have shown an interest. I asked the Limo Co. about etching their glassware. They loose so much through breakage and theft they were not interested right now.

Tom.

At a Christmas party my wife and I needed gifts for a gift exchange. The max you could spend was $5.00. I found some Champagne that was on sale, etched a big snow flake on one and a snow man on the other, along with some info about the party and the year. They were the hit of the gift exchange. I explained I could put just about any saying on the bottle, for weddings, anniversary's and such. Got five orders that night.

I used a red colored bottle for the Christmas exchange, but have done the green bottles also. Talked with the local limousine company and a wedding planner, all have shown an interest. I asked the Limo Co. about etching their glassware. They loose so much through breakage and theft they were not interested right now.

Tom.

if you don't mind, how much do you charge for a wine bottle etch?  I've etched a bottle for some friends and expect that it will generate a few leads.