Sign in to follow this  
Q

Need help downloading drivers for Mac G4

Hi is their anyone who knows how to download the correct driver for a mac and a us cutter refine MH 721 machine. I had Kenimes helping me out but still got nowhere. He took me to the FTDI website to download the driver for a mac G4 i believe it was FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_1_7.dmg but every time i try and install it it tells me that their is nothing to install. I had another mac user come by and try and help me because i thought i wasnt downloading it the right way but he told me that the problem is with the drivers not how i'm downloading. Can anyone help me this machine has cost me time and money and i have yet to get anything accomplished. I've been looking at this machine for almost a year and have yet to make anything with it. I went out a purchased the Keyspan adapter and i have it connected to the com port and when i start up sign cut and check the cutter settings the only thing i see is /dev/cu.keyserial1 or /dev/cu.USA.19h91P1.1 and none of these are working with the machine. Can anyone with mac knowledge help me out.

Indeed, we tried to get the driver loaded on his Mac, but he was getting a weird error, and I am not fluent on a Mac OS. Wondering if anyone else has run into a problem with loading the correct FTDI driver, and if so, is there a work around.....

Please try the keyspan adapter and /dev/cu.USA.19h91P1.1 , it should work. Check your baud rate to insure it matches on the plotter which defaults to 9600 and the setup in signcut. Try changing the check the handshaking-bits.

is the LED on the adapter is blinking when attempting cutting out? Please feel free to contact use through our live support or open a ticket on our sight and we will be happy to assist you. http://www.sc-x2.com