What vinyl do I use for MUGs, Plates, Caps, and Mouse Mats?

I just got my MH721 and want to get the 4 in 1 heat press.

My question is: What vinyl do I use for MUGs, Plates, Caps, and Mouse Mats?

Also what blade would I use to cut the material.

Thanks for any help...   :angry:

Guest kenya

That's a great question!!!

Would someone give an answer. I'd like to know, but didn't want to start a new topic to ask.

Thanks everyone ;D

I just use regular vinyl for mugs and plates. But I don't have a heat press. Maybe someone knows more than I do.

I think there is a special paper that you run through your printer. Not sure if you need a certain type of printer.

I think there is a special paper that you run through your printer. Not sure if you need a certain type of printer.

If you are talking about the inkjet vinyl paper..I have used it with great success. I did a pic of my dog,put it on a coffee mug... and 6 months later,many washing and dripping coffee..it looks great! I have used it for pics on baners as well. YOu are limited by size ( 8.5 x 11") but I was so impressed with it that I just ordred a bunch of it for bumper stickers.

It really does work if you follow the directions.

If you are talking about the inkjet vinyl paper..I have used it with great success. I did a pic of my dog,put it on a coffee mug... and 6 months later,many washing and dripping coffee..it looks great! I have used it for pics on baners as well. YOu are limited by size ( 8.5 x 11") but I was so impressed with it that I just ordred a bunch of it for bumper stickers.

No, it is a special paper that you print on then the heat bonds it into the mug. When you remove the paper the image is glazed into the porcelain on the mug. It is extremely durable. They have booths set up at the mall where they take your picture then heat press it onto a mug or plate.

that would be great for production runs,but for one or two, I'll stick to vinyl.

BannerJohn

I have a Jeep Club the has a four color logo that wants some small stickers. That would be too much work to cut weed a layer small stickers. Would the inkjet vinyl paper work for this sticker. Would they hold up outside on Jeeps

Dawg

Guest rvgraphixs

How do you plan to use it for bumper stickers? doesn't it need heat? or is it a vinyl with backing that you are talking about for an inkjet? would like the link to that product.

It's called sublimation. You can find everything you need at coastalbusiness.com You'll need a heat press, sublimation paper, sublimation inks, and a dedicated printer.

Ive read dye sub ink clogs printheads and  you have to use it on a regular basis i would like to get a nice printer with a CIS for this purpose though

check out the new ricoh printers at conde - I bought one and do not have the problems with clogged ink heads - they use a gel ink that is less susceptible t the clogs.  you can get the entry level printer with inks for under 800.

Ive read dye sub ink clogs printheads and  you have to use it on a regular basis i would like to get a nice printer with a CIS for this purpose though

HaHa, all inkjet inks clog printheads if left sitting and not used for a period of time.

I did Dye Sub a while back, had a high end Epson printer running Dye Sub inks. Getting good color is the hardest part of Dye Sub in my opinion. That among other reasons is why I stopped doing Dye Sub.

It is great for doing full color prints on mugs, plates, mouse pads, thirts, etc. Especially if you get orders for just one or two items.

But to get into it you will need much more than just a vinyl cutter, actually you will have no need for a vinyl cutter at all.

You will need a Dye Sub printer, Dye Sub transfer paper, Dye Sub inks and if you are looking to do all of those items you will need multiple heat presses. One for flat items like mouse pads and t shirts, one for plates, one for mugs, one for hats.

Hope this helps

Guest Hugo Valencia

I've used regular Heat transfer vinyl and it works great for MUGS, plates and Caps, not sure about mouse Mats.

I've used regular Heat transfer vinyl and it works great for MUGS, plates and Caps, not sure about mouse Mats.

So regular heat press vinyl will work in a mug press, HugoV?  I have no desire to do dye sub, but I'd love to be able to offer my clients simple logos on mugs, if all I require is a mug press.

----------------

Now playing: Outkast - B.O.B.

via FoxyTunes press, HugoV?