SiboleGraphix

Need some help, and Hi again!

So, I use to be addicted to this website. Then a whole lot of poop happened to my life, and I have been letting my vinyl cutter just sit.

But now I'm starting to get phone calls, and so I gotta get my cutter running again.

I had a National Guard recruitor ask me some questions, and he wants some work done. He wants either a really big banner on the front of our NG building, or vinyl lettering right on the building. I think the lettering would be better since he has a banner that the wind has killed twice, but the building is concrete. Which do you think would work better?

I'm worried about putting vinyl right on concrete outside, but I'm also worried the wind will kill a banner I make also. What would you guys do?

And can you even do vinyl on outdoor concrete? If so, which vinyl?

Thank you to anyone with some help, and Hi to anyone I use to chat with!  :thumbsup:

How about putting it on coroplast sheets and installing grommets in the corner so he can hang it like a banner? 

Other than that you are going to be doing a "real" sign install with anchors , etc and aluminum /wood/plastic faces....and that is gonna be real money..

Don't know of any vinyl that will stick to concrete buildings for more than a minute or so.

Other alternative is to actually paint the sign on..

+2, especially on not applying the vinyl to the concrete building, it's not going to stick.

As an alternative to coroplast, you could make the sign out of expanded PVC signboard, which is practically as cheap as a banner.  They could screw it to the building, rather than hanging a banner.

Easiest, fastest, best solution, cut a paint mask w/ your cutter and just paint it, lasts forever takes minimal effort and looks good

+2, especially on not applying the vinyl to the concrete building, it's not going to stick.

As an alternative to coroplast, you could make the sign out of expanded PVC signboard, which is practically as cheap as a banner.  They could screw it to the building, rather than hanging a banner.

yup cheap rigid sign and screw it on!

You're not going to be able to apply the vinyl on concrete.  At this point you are probably going to have better luck with the banner.  Or as everyone here has suggested put it on a board or sheet, and mount it onto the concrete, assuming he doesn't mind drilling into the concrete.

Thank you everyone for replies!

I ended up not doing the job, he needed to run the job through the National Guard, and I don't have an actual license yet, so I couldn't do it.  : (

Even worse, right before new years, my mom fell and broke her hip and is very sick.  ;D

But thank you for the advice, I figured there would be no way to put vinyl on concrete walls.

Sorry you diddn't get the job and even more sorry to hear about your mom. You have been through a lot.

Here is a printable vinyl for use on concrete. Sounds like it would have worked. You would just have to get one of the members with a printer to print it out for you.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/p-M3M-IJ8624-5425.html

Jay

Thank you Jay.

I had no idea there was a vinyl for concrete, but it's awesome. Thank you for telling me. I'm so behind in the vinyl times.  ;D

Amber