Sign in to follow this  
bentley

new pcut 630 won't respond

Just got a pcut 630 and tried to do a test run as suggested with pen plotter but got no response.  Cutter is hooked up to a USB port on my laptop.  Did the setup as instructed on the Newbie "how to" manual for UScutter, but when I tried to design a simple text could not even locate the "Plotter!" button on the top!  So I clicked on Cutter instead, then clicked Cut, then Cut Tile.  Nothing happened.  What am I doing wrong?  Or is there a communication problem between the laptop and Pcut machine?  Before hooking Pcut up to laptop, I did a test square with the pen and it worked so the machine is/was working.  Any ideas?

Guest manwayvan

Hey sorry to hear. A few questions will help. What software are you using to cut/plot from? Sounds like a driver issue or setting issue. These units are a little harder to setup but youll love it

Which virtual comport are you using for USB at plotter side and laptop side?

Paco

Your steps to start to cut are OK in SBE.

Main screen clearly says Cutter and it is the sixt GREEN icon with SB in it from the left.

Which OS are you using?

Let us know the progress.

paco

Nice and thanks for letting us know.

Should I ammend the new bie manual to make clear you have to choose the right plotter?

Anyway which one you first choose that did not worked and which are you using now?

Do not fly to low!

paco