Sign in to follow this  
burneyrubber

Windows 7 MH721 driver please

as above...how many ports do you have in the side of your cutter?

its highly unlikley thats the problem with signblazer tho.

try another program,i cant stand signblaxer myself it looks sooo dated.

try flexi demo or somthing.

Mine has 3 ports.  The serial interface works fine with the XP machine, but I can't get the USB to work with the windows 7 machine.  Since the new machine has no serial port, I'm gonna by a PCI serial card to see if that will help.  They're $6 on Ebay. But, I'd really like to get the USB to work. 

On Flexi 8.1, the manager didn't have a USC Refine cutter as an option on the setup.  What should I use instead?

Got it!  I had to use COM3 to get SBE to work and now flexi works too!  However, SBE crashes every time I hit the Preference Button like above.  

I'm ok with that though.  "it hurts when I do this..... well, don't do that...."  I don't need to use that button!!!

One thing though, SBE is now counting every use on the trial mode button.  Takes a long time to start after several uses....  I know SBE is a very basic program, and Flexi is much better, but I started with it and have a lot of my recurring items saved for ease of use, so I like it for the simple stuff.  I'm going to start exploring Flexi now though.

Windows XP, connected MH721, installed driver ( http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe ) and went to device manager and there was only USB2.0-SERIAL with question mark. I tried to force to install printer drivers, but this is actually different driver you need, you need to search and install driver for USB SERIAL CH340 (NOT PRINTER DRIVER) , I installed them from http://devid.info/1680 or you can google for ch341ser.zip (file should be around 128kb). When you extract zip inside there should be two folders. Go to device manager and point to update driver and point to driver folder you just unzipp. After install it should show you what port has been created ( mine was COM9), then you configure software to print to your COM ... sorted ;D

I just create account to share my solution with you guys.