Sign in to follow this  
burneyrubber

Windows 7 MH721 driver please

ive got xp on another hard drive on the same computer, i just boot which one i want.

flexi works and cuts fine on xp using same usb cable and in the device manager it showed as working on lpt COM 2 and in flexi i was using the roland driver pc1000a (or somthing)...so on xp no problemo.

on windows 7 all im getting is this usb2serial question mark,and in flexi ive tried with the same setup as xp (roland/pc1000/a) and also with the uscutter /mh721 selected.

tried different usb cables and usb slots

if i plug usb cable in it says installing device driver,then just says failed to install device and leaves me with the usb2serial?? in device manager.

sorry,  at this point,  I don't know what else to tell you,  put in a support ticket and they can remote your computer and see what the problem is. 

ive got xp on another hard drive on the same computer, i just boot which one i want.

flexi works and cuts fine on xp using same usb cable and in the device manager it showed as working on lpt COM 2 and in flexi i was using the roland driver pc1000a (or somthing)...so on xp no problemo.

on windows 7 all im getting is this usb2serial question mark,and in flexi ive tried with the same setup as xp (roland/pc1000/a) and also with the uscutter /mh721 selected.

tried different usb cables and usb slots

if i plug usb cable in it says installing device driver,then just says failed to install device and leaves me with the usb2serial?? in device manager.

in your windows 7 device manager,  have you tried right clicking the USB serial 2 and seeing what the properties are?   does it say it is working properly? If not are trouble shooting from there?   Going thru the troubleshoot program that windows has.  

Have you tried to download BOTH of those drivers that in  support downloads?,  There is an executable one  and a manual one. Or maybe uninstall and try it again...

this one:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=44&nav=0,4

i put in flexisign drivers folder so i could point to it via flexi sign in the production manager.

this one:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32&nav=0

installs but thats about the end of it.

this one:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=24&nav=0

i try and point to by right clicking the usb2serial? in device manager then update driver/point to the above folder.

no joy there

ok when right clicking the USB2 in your device manager  in "properties" at the very bottom  does it say this device is working properly? ON THE GENERAL tab,,  also in the right click list    do you have scan for hardware changes?  

also ive just been sent this file from a guy i bought the cutter from ( i think i bought it from them anyway ;D  )

http://www.pcut.org.uk/usb%20to%20serial%20ada%20baf%20windows.zip

i installed that (its an exe)  ,still no luck.

ive just mailed the above guy and asked for a manual install of the same file to see if i can point to it again via device manager.

windows just dosent seem to know what it is tho :huh:

I didn't open that file,   but it says P-cut,  which is not the same as a refine..   Did you try the P-cut driver?  So do you have a P-cut or a refine?

ok when right clicking the USB2 in your device manager  in "properties" at the very bottom  does it say this device is working properly? ON THE GENERAL tab,,  also in the right click list    do you have scan for hardware changes?  

ok right clicking the device/general just says:

USB2.0-Serial

Device type:  other devices

Manufacturer: unknown

Device status

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

have you tried any of those other drivers in Flexi?,  like the Creation  the king cut,  and some others?,,, maybe should  I thought you bought that cutter  new from US Cutter and it was on of their Refine MH721 cutters

ive tried all the drivers in flexi :huh:

i dont remember who i bought the cutter from now,i would have thought US cutter hence ending up on this website.

i think im wasting my time even bothering to load up flexi until i get the cutter recognised in device manager.

i just tried all of this:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

and still i get USB2.0serial dosent have a driver.

ok,  maybe you can go this way....  Download Signblazer  it is free software, and the download can be found on the forum,  see if you can run from that? 

this is microsofts answer

Code 28

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Recommended resolution

Install the driver

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor

ive tried all the drivers in flexi :huh:

i think im wasting my time even bothering to load up flexi until i get the cutter recognised in device manager.

what does this mean, your statement above  about not loading Flexi?    are you saying you don't have Flexi installed in Windows 7?  

The cutting software FLEXI  HAS to be downloaded   and installed before you can continue doing anything... THAT is the very first thing you have to do.  It is downloaded and installed isn't it ,in WINDOWS 7?

flexi is fully loaded.

what i mean is my cutter is not being recognised and this is obviously because windows has to recognise the cutter first.

by not loading up i just mean flexi isnt talking to the cutter (not recognising it or seeing it)

ive just tried signblazer and no joy there either..for the same reason i believe...windows has to recognise the cutter before i make any progress using any cutter software.

i must say sign blazer is the ugliest looking program ive ever seen. uninstalled straight away. yuk

ok,   sorry,  I just don't understand why it will work for you on XP and not on Windows 7.  As I stated   I don't use  windows 7   but most people  said it was better.   Did you ever put in a support ticket, so  the techs can remote your computer?  ,   I would go that route,    I can't think of anything  to help ya.   I think we have covered everything :huh:   I only user Flexi myself,,    And like it alot, 

yes flexi is great and i really cant work out why xp is fine and windows 7 isnt,windows 7 is without doubt the problem.

i know people have used windows 7 with flexi but i think the problem is the MH721 and windows 7  so its a hardware problem not software.

thanks for all your help tho bud,your time is much appreciated  :huh:

the ebay guy just mailed me back and said:

uninstal it then try to instal

is it 64 or 32

if it is 64 you can not do anything

i have 7 32bite and works fine

if you are having 32 and you are having this problem then there is some thing wrong with windows or maybe antivirus specialy norton or avg

i have 64bit ;D  ..what a pain in the bum  :huh:

i still dont really understand why but it does make sense why it works in XP (which was 32bit) and not win7 (64bit)

ok ,, I was reading elsewhere about 64 bits and not working even with Vista  I was talking about US Cutter ticket.  and support

at the top of this page,  SUBMIT A TICKET  The  Graphtec has a driver for 64 bit,  but don't know if it would work for you.  It is also under downloads on this page.

http://support.uscutter.com/

the result of the ticket was as follows:

In this particular case, if you only have a USB and Serial Port, but no LPT, you will want to the matching IO board. the 2 port board.

so i have to buy a new board for the cutter  :thumbsup:

mone just  has a usb port and a come port.

i still dont really understand why the hell a usb port dosent work but apparently i need to spend $50 on a new board :s

Well, in this particular case, you have a cutter with an older IO Board.  Unfortunately these IO Boards use an older driver that, so far isn't compatible with Windows 7.  But the good news is that you can get a newer IO Board to use with the same cutter, and it should work in 64bit Win 7. 

Our current machines all have the new IO boards in them so normally this isn't a problem.

I just got a new computer with Windows7 and getting a similar problem with my 721.  It isn't recognizing it through USB running SBE.  When I got to SETUP to configure anything with the cutter/connection, I get an error and SBE shuts down.

error.jpg

I'm having to save and load the work on my laptop running XP and cut using that.  Am I going to have to get the Mobo as well?  I'm surprised it is crashing.  I'll try to put in a ticket, but any help is appreciated.  I've been searching and reading for a while now and none of the drivers are helping.