Sign in to follow this  
burneyrubber

Windows 7 MH721 driver please

hi

i have fleix installed which seems to run fine but i have no driver for the MH721 , the old driver which i used for xp wont work and thus far i havent been able to get flexi to talk to the cutter.

drivers please.  :D

i dont have this location in my program files??

C:Program FilesSaiSaiProduction SuiteOutput Drivers

How to install the USCutter driver pack in Flexi.

1) Unzip the contents of the zip to an easy to access location.

2) Move USCutter.csm to the C:Program FilesSaiSaiProduction SuiteOutput Drivers

3) Reboot Flexi and the new drivers will be available for use.

i see the file goes here:

C:Program Files (x86)FlexiSIGN-PRO 8.1v1OutputDrivers

but still no luck.

in my device manager the cutter is showing as USB2.0 Serial with a question mark on it,

i cant seem to tell it that usb2.0 serial is my cutter.

any ideas??

Guest Hugo Valencia

try this:

remove the USB cord while Device manager is up, if the USB 2.0 disappears thats the one.

plug it in, and uninstall  the device and unplug it from computer, then install the drivers here:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32&nav=0

then after that reboot, then once pc back up plug the USB back in and see if it works then.

try this:

remove the USB cord while Device manager is up, if the USB 2.0 disappears thats the one.

plug it in, and uninstall  the device and unplug it from computer, then install the drivers here:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32&nav=0

then after that reboot, then once pc back up plug the USB back in and see if it works then.

yes the usb 2.0 device is indeed my cutter,but i did as you said and still no joy.

the link you gave was for vista drivers but it did install.

what is the name of the driver so i can try manually pointing the device to it?

thanks for the help btw

Vista Drivers should work in the Windows 7 environment.

To try and manually install the driver, you'll want to go to this link here, and download the same drivers for manual install.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=24&nav=0

Just curious, how long have you had this cutter?  The cutters shouldn't have USB 2.0.

is there no ports (coms) in windows 7 :(

the device manager isnt the same as xp :thumbsup:

this is really winding me up as id like the hard drive back thats got xp on it.

help!

Maybe someone with windows 7 can answer that one.  I was just trying to find some info for you.  

that looks like you have a USB to serial cable plugged in.     Did you download the driver that is for  the USB-serial cable?  

Maybe someone with windows 7 can answer that one.  I was just trying to find some info for you.  

that looks like you have a USB to serial cable plugged in.     Did you download the driver that is for  the USB-serial cable?  

its just a usb cable i have plugged in.

pointing `update driver` in device manager to any driver files dont work.

i cant seem to find COMS still which i think is just because theres nothing that requires COMS plugged into the pc.

using XP the cutter was always on COM2 even tho it was using exactly the same usb cable,if i switch back to XP then it still works fine but thats not practical.

thanks for the help so far but ive not cracked it yet.

would be nice yto know someone with win7`s set up,drivers etc.

do a search for windows 7 in the main search,  there are people who have gotten theirs going,  maybe you could contact one of them  or put in a support ticket and they can remote your computer and can configure you that way,  Sorry, I don't have windows 7 and won't,

do a search for windows 7 in the main search,  there are people who have gotten theirs going,  maybe you could contact one of them  or put in a support ticket and they can remote your computer and can configure you that way,   Sorry, I don't have windows 7 and won't,

apart from this its actually pretty good,ive had no problems with it.

i knew from the start vista would be rubbish so i gave it a miss and my xp was 32bit so switching to 64bit was good for me and my 8gig ram.

i did try windows 7 a while ago but my other love in life (cubase) didnt work on it so it was a definate no no,now it works so im happy...ish.

so you got it working and your cutter is working now? maybe you could leave your solution here for others to read.. ,  So it could help them, 

I just want to confirm that this situation has been taken care of.

I use  USB  WITH MY CUTTER   I use windows XP    and mine shows up under

UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER  AT THE VERY BOTTOM of the device manager list,    try expanding there..,  when I plug my USB cable for my cutter in,   it says    USB PRINTING SUPPORT.  

try looking there  and right click it ,  or else put a ticket in,    When you installed your Flexi,  Did you open PRODUCTION MANAGER and enter your setup?   What   Brand and Model did you select?   and when you plug your USB cable into your computer with the cutter turned on.  ,  does it say FOUND NEW HARDWARE ?  also have you tried a different USB cable?    Have you cut with Flexi on a different  computer before going to the Windows7?