Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Need some help with 630 not cutting pressure accuratly across image

Guest manwayvan

Hey everyone. I am having an issue with my cutter and wouldnt ya know it I have to finish this order by tomorrow. Basically I have a text layout for magnets and there are about 4 lines of text. Everything is cutting fine but lets say on line 3 it is not cutting through the vinyl enough and will not weed. I have tried increasing the pressure some but was afraid that it would cause the other 3 lines to cut too deep since they are cutting fine. So 1 line out of 4 does not have accurate press to cut through the vinyl properly. Any Suggestions.

Guest Hugo Valencia

the first things i would check is the cutting strip, also do you have the issue cutting any other material?

Also, might be time for a blade and blade holder inspection. Check holder to make sure its clean and has no debris in it. Check blade to make sure it has no damage, it rotates freely in holder and sharp. Might put a drop of 3 in 1 oil in holder.

I had this problem when cutting black 651. Everything else was fine. I discovered I had a 60

you might also try adjusting your feed hold down rollers. I was having this issue sometimes when cutting 24" stuff. I put them about 6" in from each side and it held the vinyl down tighter and it didn't lift in the middle and cause the light cuts.

Guest manwayvan

Hey everyone thanks for the tips. I was able to finally get a good enough cut by increasing the pressure more however I do not believe this was the true issue as it was still faint in that area. My situation was:

I typically use oracal but did not have the color in it so I used shinerite with the settings I had previously used for oracal.I believe that they are the same thickness anyways. I increased the pressure from 95 to 105 and was able to get it to cut well enough to weed but it was not as easy as it should be and I did have some areas where it cut into the backing alot.

I have had this issue before when using the Dollar Deal LG Vision from signwarehouse. This material feels alot thicker so I bumbed up my pressure right off the bat. I wasted about 4 feet of vinyl before I was able to get weedable results. My cutting strip is probably in need of replacing since my cutter drifts more than a fast and furious movie. However it is only on the right side (Origin Point). I have tried a new blade and cleaned the holder out. I need to clean my wheels for sure but would like to adjust the drifting but afraid to do it since the cutter performs okay. This is a really sparatic issue and it seems to come with changing of material. Anyone have a tip on adjusting a creation unit?

Oracal is 2.5 mil  and the Shinerite  which is made my General formulations is 3 mil vinyl. I have used General Formulations only for over 3 years now , no problems

ORACAL Series 651 has become the industry standard for high performance calendered films. Only 2.5 mils thick, ORACAL 651 offers six year outdoor durability, flexibility, thermal print compatibility, and a choice of 59 high-gloss colors.

GENERAL FORMULATIONS

A 3.0 mil polished polymeric flexible calendered vinyl with permanent acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive laminated to a 78# clay-coated liner. Commonly used on computer programmable sign cutting machines.

Hugo I been cutting for over one year and until you posted I did not know my cutter had a cutter strip that will fix my little bit of weeding thanks a lot jhelms

Hey everyone thanks for the tips. I was able to finally get a good enough cut by increasing the pressure more however I do not believe this was the true issue as it was still faint in that area. My situation was:

I typically use oracal but did not have the color in it so I used shinerite with the settings I had previously used for oracal.I believe that they are the same thickness anyways. I increased the pressure from 95 to 105 and was able to get it to cut well enough to weed but it was not as easy as it should be and I did have some areas where it cut into the backing alot.

I have had this issue before when using the Dollar Deal LG Vision from signwarehouse. This material feels alot thicker so I bumbed up my pressure right off the bat. I wasted about 4 feet of vinyl before I was able to get weedable results. My cutting strip is probably in need of replacing since my cutter drifts more than a fast and furious movie. However it is only on the right side (Origin Point). I have tried a new blade and cleaned the holder out. I need to clean my wheels for sure but would like to adjust the drifting but afraid to do it since the cutter performs okay. This is a really sparatic issue and it seems to come with changing of material. Anyone have a tip on adjusting a creation unit?

I am going to agree with Hugo here and say your cut depth issues are being caused by a beat up cut strip.

The tracking may be the cut strip as well. If you have grooves in parts of your cut strip then replacing it is a good idea.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks Levi. I was looking for a cut strip but have never found anyone selling actual creation cut strips. Is there an alternate one that can be used for the creation? Also while on the topic of alternatives when shopping for blades most people list major manufactures such as roland and I was wondering if any manufacture blade would work? I am looking into the clean cut blades and they list some for creation but I like to find alternaties

Guest manwayvan

Thanks Dakota how come I couldnt find that. I promise I looked

How hard should it be to replace the teflon strip?  I bought the strip from US Cutter, so I know it is the correct one, but I just spent an hour trying to replace it and I still have a couple of "bumps" where it won't go in all the way.  I am a 175 pound man and have put all my weight on the strip, using a 3M gold squeegee laid flat and my thumbs, to press it in place. 

In desperation I then took a piece of 1/2" sintra, laid that flat, and hit it with a hammer!  It still will not go in. :angry:

The old strip, which came with the machine, I had turned around about six months ago to use the other side, and it slipped in without the slightest problem.  I am just amazed at how hard it is to get this strip in place, there is no way my wife could replace it.

Is there a trick I'm missing? 

Creation P-630

Guest manwayvan

sorry plan-it I have no info on the strip change as I have never replaced mine. I would imagine it shouldnt be that hard though.. Have you tried lubbin it up..lol

I took it back out, scraped down the edges gently with the 3M squeegee to flatten out any rough spots, turned it around, and put it in again.  It still wasn't easy, but I think it's finally in place.  Still seems MUCH more difficult to put in than I would have expected.