HtsNstr21

Settings. X Scale- Y Scale

i have been having a few problems with my cutter. i have tried many things posted in these forums and also the things suggested by support. i appreciate the support and i'm currently waiting on a replacement carriage. however, one thing i still dont understand is the x scale and y scale on the cutter. what do they do? and do these settings make a difference in the quality of the cut. mine are currently at X 25858 and Y 25858. are they supposed to be this way?

i have been cutting vinyl for decals and thermoflex for baseball t shirt numbers.

The X and Y scales are for establishing the origin point of cuts. If you set your cutter blade where you want it to begin cutting, then hit the center button (inside the directional arrow buttons), this will set the origin at X 0 and Y 0 - assuming you are offline at the time.

those are't the X and Y i was refering to. the ones i'm refering to dont show up together. theyre the ones that say X_Scale and if u press mode again it says Y_Scale. they apper right after the cutt speed and before the Baud.  thanks for replying though.

The answer is on page 25 of the manual... basically it's so you can correct scale issues. The correction is much easier to set in SB though :angry:

yea i checked it out but the manual is confusing. i dont know about yours but i dont think the person that wrote it speaks english to well.

I agree the manual was written in broken english. Any way i have left those settings at default.

Mine says X- 25826 and Y- 25858

Not sure what they mean, but that is what they are set at.

;)

cool, i changed them and made a cut of the same image. it didnt seem to make a difference on the quality of the cut or on the scale.

I know this is a little old, but I checked mine this evening and they were

X scale = 25795

Y scale = 25858

Should they both be 25858?

Should they both be 25858?  I don't know, but as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

it is to compensate for errors.  say you want to cut a 12x12 square and it actually cuts it 12x12.100....you can compensate for the error by adjust those numbers. very little reason to do it for sign making.

this swting is for the fepeating work, for example, yo cut a square or circle, the plotter begin to cut the second item at 25 mm and 795 parte of milimeter, thas a problem for me, i do repetitive works, and i hace to set to zero one by one units

i hace lied, it change the form:blink:, trying to set to Zero it go up to 65980 and the cut square is now longer, now the question is hoy to reset to the original settings? And how to make cut liske the acreen shows the design?

Bit late now I realize, but this is one of those reasons why you always make note of the settings you start with before  making any changes.

• Haha 1

i try to set to "0" anthe X value go up to mor of 65000, in the manual say how to reset, make this

5.3.7.6 Readjustment of initial value
When client disorders speed and other parameters therefore having no way to work
and lack experience to back to ideal cutting state, he can adjust it to initial value.
Operating procedures: press"MODE"button to"CUT SPEED"state

now I have to look what my job cut so far the next circle