Sign in to follow this  
3beagle78

Cutting speed

I have flexi starter and a Roland Gx-24. It will not let me change my cutting speed, it cuts at 40 cm/s no matter which speed i select. Should reinstall Flexi or :thumbsup:?

yes, check your cutter manual

should have step by step for changing speed / pressure / etx

but also check the software, sometimes a parameter gets changed the affects other things, 

I have flexi starter and a Roland Gx-24. It will not let me change my cutting speed, it cuts at 40 cm/s no matter which speed i select. Should reinstall Flexi or :D?

there is no control in Flexi for cutting speed,  it is on your cutter,  check your user manual. 

there is no control in Flexi for cutting speed,  it is on your cutter, 

Both actually, on the cutter is the best way to control cut speed, but in Flexi starter there is a dialog way in... in advanced, properties, cutter options:

this is a before cutting command, to cut slower, or cut faster, or none.

Just how much actual effect this setting has I dont know and have no realistic way to test it.

And just what kind of effect the setting may have in combination with the cutter setting, / or conflict with, etx.

see the clips below.

If someone does have specks on this setting, please advise, i am interested / curious as to what this setting is intended for.

post-5268-1298654973978_thumb.png

post-5268-1298654974031_thumb.png

post-5268-12986549741276_thumb.png

post-5268-12986549758638_thumb.png

post-5268-12986549758886_thumb.png

post-5268-12986549759095_thumb.png

The software doesn't control a cutter's speed The CUTTER does!  Kinda like saying that Your printer ran out of ink and blaming your computer for it - if ya' know what I mean!!!