desertdog10

Embed some comments in Inkscape

This is a strange question I know-  I do my vectoring in Inkscape and export to signcutx2.  Sometimes I'll open an inkscape file and it has lost my font that I saved it with- don't know why- just occasionally it happens.  It's a major pain to figure out what I had used to post it on my store so I was wondering if there was a way to put some text on the page that would not get exported (i.e. ignored) when exporting to signcutx2?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

-Jeff

I would think if you were designing and cutting on same computer the fonts would be there.  I use 2 different computers and must install the fonts on each one

I agree- but for some reason, every once in a while when I pull up a design to cut, it just stares at me in a generic font and I have to figure out what I used.  Was hoping there was a way to type something on the screen and have signcut ignore it-  I guess I could make it a different color and then de-select that color.. hmmm.. seems like there should be a way.  Thanks for the reply.

-Jeff

Jeff, I haven't used inkscape for text but what you do is when you lay down some text select it and convert to outline or similar option. You won't be able to edit the text once you get it in to you cutting software.