knucklehead

SignCut Pro vs: Flexi Starter/w Contour Cut

Been using Signcut for almost a year now, just got my renewal notice. Seeings how one is a yearly subscription, and the other is a one time purchase, I was just wandering what ya'lls opinion is on Signcut versus Flexi starter with contour cut?  Does the contour cut function in flexi-starter work pretty good? I haven't really got it to work at all in signcut. I do all my design work in Corel, so I don't really need a design software, just to send to the cutter.  Thanks for any, and all opinions.

FlexiStarter 8.6v w/Contour Cutting is a good program. Depending on the plotter you run determines whether the contour cut will work. If you use a Copam plotter it will not work. I use a Graphtec and a Copam, on the Graphtec it works flawlessly. I can not get it to work on the Copam. Personally I do not like Signcut, I can not see paying a subscription for a software number 1. I wasn't pleased with its functions neither.

If you have been using Signcut for a year and like it, keep it. (as for contour cut, contact the rep, they seem to be very good at addressing problems)

Flexi on MSpc machines seems to function better than on MACpc,

Flexi Starter's graphics capabilities are very limited, but handy.

Flexi on a Mac is one of the worst pieces of software ever.

as for cost, I got flexi jr because it was cheap, and boy is it cheap. the question is "cost / value = worth"

in retrospect, it has cost me more in down time, frustration, wasted material, and time to attempt to set it up in a way that it will function correctly, = I wasted more $  than the difference in price.

Flexi Pro is supposed to be the "the" cutter program, but if I had $2000 for software I wouldn't have settled for a Pcut either.

since there is NO manual for flexi starter -- it is the Pro manual-- I am putting screen shots together so people can see what it is before making a choice.

As far as I know only SC PRO has X and Y axles advanced contour cut for laser pointer machines.

other only have one axle skew compensation.

if it works ( in my case it does perfectly with Coreldraw) why change? :-)

paco

I have been wondering what the Flexi Starter was because I my self have looked into using Flexi because a few of my friends have it but I have never seen any Flexi program that cheep???

I have not purchased a cutter program yet and I to use Corel X4 seeing how im in the learning stages for using a plotter and cutting software would the Flexi Starter be a good way to start out if I was going to spend the money??

Im using windows xp home and a small refine us cutter plotter MH365

I have been wondering what the Flexi Starter was because I my self have looked into using Flexi because a few of my friends have it but I have never seen any Flexi program that cheep???

I have not purchased a cutter program yet and I to use Corel X4 seeing how im in the learning stages for using a plotter and cutting software would the Flexi Starter be a good way to start out if I was going to spend the money??

Im using windows xp home and a small refine us cutter plotter MH365

That FlexiStarter 8.6 works great for contour cutting with a Refine (use all 4 registration marks.)  I used it on my MH1351 until I got the Pro version with my printer.  :thumbsup: