Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

Soon to have Heatpress

Just finished pressing my first shirt. :thumbsup: Well, the first time I didn't have enough pressure and they peeled up. No big deal, increased the pressure and presto!

Got my first heat press. Just did my name and number. Nothing too fancy. Tomorrow is a different story though :thumbsup: Gonna try some new things, as well as layering.

I'll post pics tomorrow when i'm finished.

Thanks!

Hey, got a question, how do you guys fix your heatpress to the table so when you go to lift the lever it doesn't pull the entire heat press up?

not even pretending to be an expert, but mine came mounted to a 1/2 inch piece of plywood. I just put my left hand on the plywood to hold it down.

not even pretending to be an expert, but mine came mounted to a 1/2 inch piece of plywood. I just put my left hand on the plywood to hold it down.

I am with John all I do is watch the auto open kick in, press doesnt move  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't have to hold it down, really. At 62 pounds, It ain't going anywhere.

Anyway, I just did my first pressing. Looks great, no problems so far!

Guest fivestar

That's one difference between a chinese press and a "name brand".  Mine weighs around 100 lbs. so it isn't going to go anywhere.  Mine came with a plywood base, but I took it off as I didn't need it.

Same here.  I have both a Hotronix and Sunie press and neither has to be held down.

Not sure which press you got Mader, but if it is pretty lightweight...I'm sure something could be done to secure it down.

Mine weighs around 60+ lbs, I had to adjust the pressure for a little more force and when I go to open it, I have to use a little bit of force to open it, cause the front to lift. Maybe I should lube it up lol, kinda squeaks.

Guest kenya

I don't have to hold it down, really. At 62 pounds, It ain't going anywhere.

Anyway, I just did my first pressing. Looks great, no problems so far!

Yes, Johns was 62 lbs.    I've mailed out 3 presses by UPS in the last week & the man at the UPS store asked if I would be sending out anymore. He didn't even want to see us coming.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They were all name brand presses & they are built like tanks.

Mine is almost 100 lbs. also. It ain't moving around.

I've mailed out 3 presses by UPS in the last week & the man at the UPS store asked if I would be sending out anymore. He didn't even want to see us coming.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They were all name brand presses & they are built like tanks.

How did you end up with so many presses?  :thumbsup:

Mine weighs around 60+ lbs, I had to adjust the pressure for a little more force and when I go to open it, I have to use a little bit of force to open it, cause the front to lift. Maybe I should lube it up lol, kinda squeaks.

Mader instead of lifting the handle try bumping it up if you know what I mean

I've mailed out 3 presses by UPS in the last week & the man at the UPS store asked if I would be sending out anymore. He didn't even want to see us coming.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They were all name brand presses & they are built like tanks.

"Press City" had a black Friday sale.

Guest kenya

A local sign shop went out of business.

The rest is just consumable things like vinyl & such.

All I wanted was a larger heat press, but he wouldn't sell just the one. I made a reasonable offer and he told me to load it up.

Even bought a Hix hat press in the deal.  ;D

Guest kenya

How did you end up with so many presses?  :)

"Press City" had a black Friday sale.

Actually is was a Monday.  :thumbsup:;D

Did you get anything pressed yet John?

I did! Will post a pic eventually. Nothing fancy.

I have been waiting all day  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mader instead of lifting the handle try bumping it up if you know what I mean

Yeah, give it a little jerk upwards and that should fix you up.

Heatpress vinyl has an adhesive backer paper rather than the vinyl, so that isn't possible.

Huh?...It isn't or you haven't tried?

...Grasshopper, multicolor applications can be done if you weed gracefully and have the patience to align the colors.

Now before you start in with that isn't layered, remember it all depends upon one's definition of layering.

I would never spend the time trying to put multiple colors onto the same backing material.  Just heat press each color layer one-by-one onto the garment.  If the quantity I was doing justified it, then I would just do multi-color designs in plastisol.

Guest sciondrgn

Heatpress vinyl has an adhesive backer paper rather than the vinyl, so that isn't possible.

Huh?...It isn't or you haven't tried?

...Grasshopper, multicolor applications can be done if you weed gracefully and have the patience to align the colors.

Now before you start in with that isn't layered, remember it all depends upon one's definition of layering.

Edge, re-read the posts before midwastes to get the context of what they are saying.

Jet Pro Soft Stretch (JPSS) is the only thing that "pros" use that I know of.  They make a separate paper for lights and darks.

Yes I can vouch for that . Jet pro has the best combination of durability and hand on the shirt. Its available at newmilfordphoto.com. Maybe at other places as well.