Sign in to follow this  
tammylynn49459

Help cutting stencils

if you want to create anything in signblazer, start with the learning guide. but for this you need a stencil font in your windows font folder. then you folow the steps in this video i made for you.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ODBiMzA5

bb

if you want to create anything in signblazer, start with the learning guide. but for this you need a stencil font in your windows font folder. then you folow the steps in this video i made for you.

http://www.screencast.com/t/ODBiMzA5

bb

What an awesome mod you guys have here.

Thank you for all of your assistance CutMe. Creating videos to assist our forum members is truly above and beyond.

it took a few minutes to do but i like to help when i can. it seemed like the easiest way to show how to do it, the question was kinda vague. jing is great for making quick vids like that one. i need to get a microphone so i can narrate.

bb

ok maybe this is dumb but does someone want to tell me how paint mask works?  Is it strong enough for stencils?

I just did a 15 inch by ten feet flat sign that had lettering in ten inch letters and a border.. Didn't have any paint mask so I just cut it in plain vinyl, in a color I had a lot of. Other than it pulling the base color off in a few spots ( someone else did the board for it...) it wasn't that bad for a one off deal. I think if it was a intricate sign I would have had some problems tho... but mainly because the board was not as smooth as I would have liked.

Try it and see how you like it on a test sign, ya may not need to go buy paint mask. :huh:

paint mask has a different adhesive so it doesn't pull your base colors off. i bought a roll of oramask 810. it is not only great for painting, but it is great for sandblasting as well.

bb