I am having a hard time with off-tracking on my MH751. even if I try to cut something 2 feet long, some times not so much other times as much as 4, 5 inches. Could it have to do with the spring adjustments. I have lots of work finally coming up and need to get this figured out?

Pat

After you have made sure the vinyl is loaded straight usually by pulling a couple of feet thru and readjusting the best you can by lifting the vinyl and repositioning it . . .if it is still not feeding straight then you can adjust the springs on the feed rollers to help the tracking.  I have never had to do this after positioning the vinyl straight to begin with

Make sure that that you vinyl is inserted straight.  Usually I use the side of the cutter help align this up,and you might even want to use the ruler to help you align the vinyl in your cutter.  But I think that Dakota's suggestion is going to get you better, more permanent results.

I am new and i put painters tape on my mh871 to help me line up the vinyl right now i use 24".

great tip

Guest kenya

I am new and i put painters tape on my mh871 to help me line up the vinyl right now i use 24".

great tip

+1    :huh:

That is a great idea..do you have it going down the back side also?

Christi

yes it is the same on the back and front the tape is cut way from the bottom roller  and is clear of the white strip in front . It seems to help me in making sure that it is placed straight and so far no off tracking. But if it starts to I haave a visual to go by and I'm hoping it will save mesome headaches that may occure.

That is awesome..I find myself leaning over the cutter trying to make sure it is all lined up right in the back and sometime I get it wrong..didn't think of putting tape on it..:huh:

Christi

I am having the same problem with mine. In about 3' it will track over about 1.5"-2".  I line the vinyl up with the measurements on the front and the back but it still tracks over. I have tried setting the rolls on the rollers and running one of the rollers through the roll of vinyl. But nothing seems to help. I havent tried what the other guy said. Do you just pull about 2' off the roll so it isnt trying to pull the roll too or pull it through the machine with the rollers tight?

It will also cut long phrases or words in a slight arch and even more rare it will let one letter drop :thumbsup: What could be causing that? The arch isnt that noticeable and I dont think it does it all the time but it bothers me when it does.

I just tried pulling the vinyl out some and lining it up with the measurements on the machine and it still tracks over about 1.5"  I think I will try to back off the springs on the right a lil cause it looks like that side is pinching the vinyl a lil more than the left. Do yall think that will have an effect?

Usually the pinch rollers should be fairly equal in pressure.  If they are not, they could cause the one side of the vinyl to go off track and cause it to pull one side at a different speed than the other.  Can't really tell you whether this is the cause of your problem or not, but you will have a better idea when you look at your cutter, and get the feel for the pressure on your pinch roller.