Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Why is it always me?

UPS dropped off my new (barley) used heat press think it will still work?  The seller  had it bolted to a piece of plywood but used a little screw and nut without a washer and it just pulled through and then it bounced all around in the box.  I sent him an email he said he was going to insure it I hope so....

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Guest fivestar

I'd say it'll work fine.......Fire her up and see what she does.

mr300s, that is so painful to see something like that happen.  >:D  I hope it was insured...or at a minimum will work correctly.  Maybe some pliers can be used to unbend it if it doesn't work.

what does the heat plate look like under it? I think it will still work

The heat plate looks good and still brand new I am afraid the metal part might hit before the pad does though?  I have to take the pliers to it.

I fired it up but have never used one before so I just plugged in it to see if it would light up and stay locked which it did.  I will wait until tomorrow when I have good light and I am calmed down.  It would have been bad enough if it was a two hundred dollar machine but a $1,000.00 machine is real painful

That really stinks about the press being dented. Hopefully it will work and you can get some money back out of the insurance. for a screw to come loose they had to be tossing that thing around like a football. Even though it would take some real football players to throw it. lol

I've seen enough UPS stuff that looks like they drove over it - if you want reliable good transportation for fed ex

Very sorry to hear about the press 300 - it looks like a Cadillac - even with a ding

ups stinks if you ask me i have had things damaged also. i had to go to the ups store one night to pick up my package because they said my address did not exist even though they have delivered to me a thousand times and when i was getting my package they were throwing packages like footballs from the back of the trucks on to the conveyor belt's i have never had a problem with fed ex and they are always cheaper

I had almost the exact same thing happen to one of my presses, but it wasn't bent quite that badly.  I went ahead and bent the metal out enough that the press could close fine and there was no problems.  I also got a partial refund of like $50 for the damage (can't remember the amount for sure).

Unless something internally is broken, it should work fine.  Like was said, just bend the sheet metal out so it's not contacting the heat plate so it doesn't get hot also.