Sign in to follow this  
ajgarber70

24'' laserpoint us cutter

i have come across a problem with my cutter where when it cuts it jumps out about an 1/8 inch so when it is all cut out all the letters have a zig zag thing going on. it is just in the one spot but the rest is cut fine i guess maybe where it starts the cut and finishes it has the 1/8 inch stair step all on the left upper side. i was thinking a setings thing but i dont know where to start looking thanks....

is it like in this pcut when the offset is too high?

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=462

Have you tried cleaning the blade holder to make sure there was no vinyl stuck in it and then put a drop of 3 in 1 oil in the holder so the blade rotates freely?

is it like in this picute when the offset is too high?

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=462

Have you tried cleaning the blade holder to make sure there was no vinyl stuck in it and then put a drop of 3 in 1 oil in the holder so the blade rotates freely?

I just cleaned out my blade holder and it is 1000% better! Thanks for the tip.

thanks for the idea. but no i dont know if thats the problem i have or not. it's only on some letters it cuts it seems to jump out of line about a 1/16 when i said an 1/8th that was a mistake by me. but i have also noticed that when it cuts out the box when it is done it is also off by about a 1/16th when it closes at the end of the cut.. thanks