JSPEK

importance of vinyl used versus blade for detail cutting

You are right. I wonder if there is a way get the cutting strip further down?

I think I saw where we can buy new cutter strips somewhere....I think I'll attempt to use a file to flatten mine out....I don't have much to lose, I guess.

I have to try something to make this work or I'll be stuck with an $800 boat anchor and an anger situation I really don't need right now.  I have a sale that I refuse to let go because of a sub-par piece of equipment.

When I made my investment in the Copam, my Vinyl Express R39 broke down after 27 days of purchase. I was booked with projects. I have purchased from US Cutter before, starting with the Refine MH1351. After fooling with Signwarehouse with there cheap plotter and awful technical support. I had to get me a Copam after reading reviews. But still bought a Graphtec FC8000 for my main work.

if i knew exactly what the issues were i would make parts for us all.

I have a full cnc machine shop 4 cnc lathes, 6 cnc mills.The problem is, I dont know what my problem is..

is it blade holder?

is it cutting strip?

is it something else?

sooo frustrating

I have previous experience with Roland cutters and Versatech printer/cutters and have found them to be top quality, but the price was not even close to where I needed to be.  I bought the 24" P-Cut from USCutter a year or so back and it has done nearly everything I asked it to do with the exception of small fonts and intricate designs....it just didn't have what it took.  I bought the Copam after asking here about its quality.  Nearly everyone that replied said for the money, it will do as fine detailed work as any machine out there.

I'll have to disagree in this case.  I paid more than double what the P-Cut cost and I haven't seen anything worth the extra dollars YET.  I know there will always be adjustments that need to be made...that's obvious...but I expected a little better performance right out of the box than I'm getting (and a few others here, it sounds like).

JSPEK, that is good to know... perhaps you could start by allowing the blade to swivel as smooth as a Graphtec. If you place your finger on a Graphtec blade, it will swivel flawlessly. That alone is important for plotter accuracy.

You made a good point. I was pleased with my Refine than the Copam. It is built like a tank than other plotters but I wish it was a little more precise. It won't contour cut, it moves to fast on the slowest speed and the serial port is backwards...it should be female instead of a male.

JSPEK, that is good to know... perhaps you could start by allowing the blade to swivel as smooth as a Graphtec. If you place your finger on a Graphtec blade, it will swivel flawlessly. That alone is important for plotter accuracy.

well....take pics of the guts of a graphtec holder. im sure its the quality of bearing making all the difference..I will look into it and see what i can do..I will start looking for bearings today. Im assuming it is basically same concept? blade in bearings?

OR if graphtec is larger or smaller...maybe we could take a graptec holder and turn it down to fit the copam...or add a shim if its already smaller. =)