Sign in to follow this  
R A character Creations

just purchased a mh871 cutter plotter

Hubby just purchased a mh871-34" printer plotter, for a anniversery present for me. It was a surpise since I have only been talking about purchasing a cutter but had not decided which to get yet. 1. is this a good cutter.  2. Is it easy to set up.  3. Is there any thing special that needs to be done in order for it to work with vista 32 bit.

We will be celibrating our 15th on dec 9th. I will say that I am very lucky to have him. He spent two tours to iraq and we almost lost him in 2003 in the middle of his second tour he was medi vaced out and the spent the next 6 months in hospitals.

I have that model and it works fine with no problems. I am not sure about the Vista but I think there are drivers available, and there are plenty of people on here who have it working with Vista.

my 8 yr old wants monkeys on her walls like the one that look like they come from the barrel of monkey game. That is my plan for the first thing i cut with the cutter as soon as it get here. she is the youngest of 5 in a yours mine and ours family so has been the most spoiled.

First off I would like to say THANK YOU to your spouse for protecting this great country of ours. I have the MH 871 and use SB and the standard Vista on my laptop. I don't know too much about the 32 bit version, but I have not had any major problems with regular Vista.

posted the pictures in show your work section. the usb cable that come with the cutter I  had problems wit it would come loose a little just enough that it would loose connection. went and got the serial to usb connection as it has the srews that would hold it in place. now i have every thing set to go. the cable i got at radio shack and it was $38.99 a bit too much but it was the only place here in this town that had it and wasn't going to drive a hour and a half to Des Moines, Iowa  to get one.