prestonservco

New Sandblasting Setup

thats awesome preston, glad to see you dial this in and get great results. You've helped me since the first day of me being on here. Glad to see you expanding your design skills.

Looking at buying the Campbell Hausfeld Benchtop Blast Cabinet from sears on sale right now.

Specifications:

• Media capacity: 2.5 gallons
  • Air pressure range: 60 – 125 PSI
  • Maximum PSI: 125 PSI
  • Air inlet: 1/4” NPT (F)
  • Weight: 40 lbs
  • Dimensions: 21" H X 20" W X 25" D

Does this mean I have to run at 60 PSI minimum to be able to pickup the abrasive material?

Thanks

Check out the cabinet at harbor freight, I have both, I use the smaller one with 220 ao for light blasting and shading, I have different sizes in the larger one depending on wether I am doing glass or stone. Both cabinets are hocked with pressur pots. Sometimes the larger cabinet is still not large enought for some of the glass pieces so the summer I plan to build a pass thru cabinet. Check into a pressure pot you will need less air to run it. Hope that helps. Nice work by the way

Not sure how the walnut shells are going to work on glass.. Get some Aluminum Oxide or spend the bucks and get the best, Silicon Carbide.

I second that opinion, walnut shells do not cut!

FINALLY! Results! Today I used Aluminum Oxide, 220 grit, for the first time. Beautiful!

Thanks wwpro for the great advice. biggrin.gif:thumbsup:

Set the air pressure to 40 and it etches quickly and easily. No blow out of the vinyl.

I quickly etched this candy jar today for a friend. Looks nice. I'm very pleased and anxious to start making Christmas presents.

sweet

This is my setup..

setup.jpgBohrdomWI.jpg

28 x 21 mirror i just did ..

Here is a Beer Pong Table i just got done doing

IMG_7876.jpg

A few more jobs i did this week

Truck.jpg

2011-12-22_10-47-08_917.jpeg