MaderDesign

Trying to collect payment

Another trick is to send partial payment. If you accept it I.E. cash the check I think it becomes a matter of collection of payment and no longer and issue of not being payed for services. I am not too sure how the law works in your area but if you get a check for less than your willing to accept, I wouldnt cash it and return it certified mail. Yeah and thats if that ole check in the mail thing turns out to be true, this comming from somebody who has made a habit of stringing you along this long. I wouldnt doubt its another stall tactic.

Ok guys, it's finally ended. The whole "check in the mail" turned into me emailing her and telling her I would pick it up. Well today was that day. I showed up to her shop at 4pm and without a fight she gave me my check. She wasn't mean about it and showed me all the shirts. She explained that she is just calling it a loss and selling the shirts for what she has in them and wanted to pay me. So we discussed some things and out I walked. With the check in hand. (calmly)

I get in my car, and off I race to her bank. Not mine. I cashed the check through her bank so that she could not stop payment or anything on the checks. And i have the cash in my hand.

Thanks guys for all your help. It helped me through this and def pays to not give up. I didn't have to do much, just a little bit of court threat, file it, and word of mouth spread and she didn't like the bad rep.

Guest manwayvan

Always go for the bad rep. People always worry about what others think of them and when you show your serious then they will come around

I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read the email she sent saying she would pay me. It was around midnight last week. Then she followed up with some others. I think she done her research and found out that I did have ground to stand on.

haha, great advice preston, lol jk

I can see how people can just write it as a loss and move on, but $250 could be used for material, etc. I just wanted to prove a point mostly though.

Just remember, dragging their name through the mud works both ways...

exactly  :D :D ;D

Glad to hear you got your payment. I am definetely reminded to get payment up front for this type of service. We all have either learned a lesson or were reminded what can happen if we dont get up front payments.

Good Luck in your future business transactions!

im glad you got your money mader and im glad you didnt listen to all the advice given here esp about giving up on it.

one good thing though to come out of this will be a lesson learnt, you will never give others credit now no matter how small the amount of cash involved, next time it could be for alot more.

Well done for standing your ground though