Sign in to follow this  
mikeomatic

How to clean up a scanned image for a smooth cut

Hi again,

trying to help ourselves but can't seem to get this one?

We are hand drawing/tracing an image then scanning it in. figured out how to vector the file and get just one image.  However when we cut the image out in a paint mask it is ragged. when you magnify the image you can see the pencil "jitters" for lack of a better word. The machine (pcut) then cuts what it sees.

Have tried node edit and tried to remone the worst of it, which i did....but it is still not acceptable. I will post the image if need be but I really want to know how to do it rather then some one working on it for me.There must be a way to "smooth the images" that I have overlooked. We purchased the machine mainly to cut spray masks and will be doing lots more (we do custom motorcycle paint :thumbsup:

thanks for any help,

mike

Node editing is how to clean up a vectorized image. Nodes are what define the shape of your image. Select an element then select Node Edit. It will let you clean up or move nodes.

Node editing is how to clean up a vectorized image. Nodes are what define the shape of your image. Select an element then select Node Edit. It will let you clean up or move nodes.

Thanks Jay,

Thats what I was afraid you were going to say. It is tedious work but I am getting better at it. I thought there might be a faster way to clean up an image.

Mike

Not that I have found. The best tip I can give you is to use Inkscape or Illustrator to vectorize your images. They do a better job from the start.