Sign in to follow this  
pixelYUMYUM

Please Help Using Pcut CTN630 with CoCut Pro

I really hope someone can help us. We have been using the PCut CTN630 using SignBlazer the trial version for several years now. We switched over to wanting to use Illustrator/CoCut Pro now that we have a in house graphic designer. She can get the vectors to go from illustrator to the cocut program fine and take all the steps up to actually cutting the vinyl however have yet to cut or draw anything through the plotter, the pen/blade doesn't drop while in motion. When the job is active the plotter will move in motion of a square and that is it no matter what shape. Doesn't cut and doesn't draw. it seems as though it will not lower the blaze/pen to the surface.

Using a serial connection. (we have tried usb but the plotter wouldn't recognize it at all)

Com1 port set up

again we have been using the same plotter for years with sign blazer trial. But we have had numerous problems getting the program to import vectors created in illustrator.

PLEASE HELP! SOMEONE!

Guest crshirts

double check com port settings

hardware

advanced

all boxes to the left are checked

hope this helps

these are what my settings are

carl

I checked all the settings and tested and it still won't drop and only moves in motion of a square. Here is a screenshot of what settings I checked.  

I didn't see anything where you would have

quote:

all boxes to the left are checked

Click to view screenshot

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/kaethe01/misc/?action=view&current=cocutscreenshot.jpg

Thanks

Guest crshirts

On the port settings box there is an advanced tab towards bottom

Carl

Make sure it cuts with SBE first with a simple design! or isnt it now anymore cutting?

Then start with a simple one letter design of 5 x5 cm and try to cut with cocut.

We expect in Gocut the settings are the same as the settings for the comport in windows.

Can you set vinyl size in Gocut? Is this set correct?

Paco