europeancardriver

Thinking about doing some shirts? Couple questions

Hey guys and gals.

I currently do some small sign stuff, a-boards, logos, banners etc.  I am thinking of setting up our shop to do some basic shirts for customers, freinds etc. Plan is to have a low cost but good set up. Any quantity work would get outsourced.

I already own a ecosolvent printer/cutter and two plotters and my questions are:

(1) Heat press; looking at the sunie one but how is the 200.00 on from us cutter.

(2) Plantens for different items? feel me in here.

(3) Sisor material seems to be good, any others out there.

(4) What is used for a transfer paper

(5) Sublimitation? For shirts?

Thanks in advance and I will continue to search the forums.

Thanks,

Tyler

Go sunie - or if you have the money mighty press  (guess with eeco printer you could go Mighty)

No other platens needed - if you do hats then get a hat press

Siser is great

transfer papers are made for laser printers or inkjet printers and sublimation (sub uses special inks)

unless you are going for a epson wide printer for sublimation than just stay with the vinyl or order plastisol transfers

#! mighty press is good affordable heat press. Power Pro is a re-branded mighty press that was cheaper when I bought mine. Get the best you can afford. The 16X20 is what I have and makes oversize transfers easier.

#2 not sure what you mean

#3siser is good and thermaflex is to.

#4 I use Jet Pro Soft Stretch for doing transfers on white T's and the epson 1400 with claria compatable inks in refillable cartridges.

#5 sublimation is great if you market it right but its expensive and does a lot more than just T-shirts but do your research.

1  Jet Press 14 swinger for Knight.  Never had a clam so I don't know

2.  no platens available for mine, just the plain 12x15 main surface. 

3.  never used siser, I use Eco Film from imprintables.com.  I do mostly motocross jersey lettering and need materials that will not allow the shirt graphics to bleed through. 

4.  no experience with this

5.  no experience with this. 

Good luck, I like mine.  Trying to generate  a little more business.