Sign in to follow this  
Kimon

New release 1.07 also now supports Snow Leopard

Signcut 1.07 For those of you who have not recently updated this version supports the new release of Inkscape, also there are versions that run on both Windows and Mac OS X up to version 10.6 including Snow Leapard.

Also included in this build are enhanced eps parsers, for better handling of newer eps files, and a brand new feature that will cut a dotted line for crafters and specialty users wanting to pounce material. Users using x2 and with valid licenses may upgrade to Signcut Productivity Pro by logging in to their account on www.sc-x2.com using their registered email and license number. Once logged in scroll down and chooose migrate. This will generate a new license and transfer your existing subscription over to the new version and send you download instructions for the newest version at no charge.

Those of you already using the pro version may either use the update feature from within the help menu in Signcut or log in to our Pro Site at www.signcutpro.com using your registered email and pro license number.

The newest revisions also offer a convenient way to log access your account via the help menu from within Signcut.

i downloaded, updated and installed the illustrator plug in.

i'm using cs4 on a macbook pro with 10.6.1.  uscutter laserpoint 24. 

the plugin from illustrator takes me to signcut and the image comes up fine, but there's no communication with the cutter.  any ideas on why?

mx

No communication normally means wrong port setting or plotter set to 19200 bps instead of 9600.

Paco

1.07 is working great! Thanks!

would you mind sharing your settings from the 'cutter' button?  i'm still not able to cut and i can't figure this out.  i got one job to go and now im stuck again.  my setup worked just fine until my update to snow leopard.

macbook 10.6

signcut 1.07

illustrator cs4

laserpoint 24

usb mac to cutter

i'm set at

/dev/cu.usbserial-0000201A

9600 baud/non parity

8 databits/1 stopbit

handshake software

rts/dtr checked

thanks

1.07 is working great! Thanks!

would you mind sharing your settings from the 'cutter' button?  i'm still not able to cut and i can't figure this out.  i got one job to go and now im stuck again.  my setup worked just fine until my update to snow leopard.

macbook 10.6

signcut 1.07

illustrator cs4

laserpoint 24

usb mac to cutter

i'm set at

/dev/cu.usbserial-0000201A

9600 baud/non parity

8 databits/1 stopbit

handshake software

rts/dtr checked

thanks

I do not have a Mac or the cutter or the Signcut,  but from  reading numeous threads on here,  people with Macs are working alot better with a USB to keyspan adapter.  It has been recommeded numerous times on the forum,  just do a search for keyspan adapter and read what other people say about it. 

that's cool i suppose, the keyspan thing i mean, but i was cutting just fine going usb to the cutter from my mac for the past year.  i don't want to buy more stuff if i don't have to, especially considering that i've paid for quite a few months of signcut subscription during which i haven't been able to cut at all.

have you tried putting the handshake on HARDWARE?   you have it on software

there is a picture on this thread of the settings one person has.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,24914.0.html

man, i've been back and forth...trying all different kindsa combinations of these settings.  nothing yet.  been lookin through other posts, but nothing that looks promising yet.

thanks for lookin around for me.

mx