jeremySI

Small desktop type printers

The cash flow right now isn't where it needs to be to spend lots of money on a wide format printer so I am looking at maybe purchasing a desktop type printer that is able to print on like 8x11" sheets. wanting to do lots of smaller printed stickers and will prob pick up a graphtec soon.

Anyone got any suggestions on good printers that you use or know work well?

yes, and I have an epson workforce 30. It will take DuraBrite inks, which are pighmant based. I am not sure,however, if it will print on regular vinyl. I've never tried. I use a special waterproof poly paper for Inkjets. Makes great decals.

You can pick the workforce30 up all ver the place for $69 or so.

Im new to decal and sign mainging i just got the 24" uscutter cutter and wanted to print smaller decals. Will any inkjet printer work? Is there any websight i can look at for info?

yes, and I have an epson workforce 30. It will take DuraBrite inks, which are pighmant based. I am not sure,however, if it will print on regular vinyl. I've never tried. I use a special waterproof poly paper for Inkjets. Makes great decals.

You can pick the workforce30 up all ver the place for $69 or so.

where do you buy your ink and paper from john?

Im new to decal and sign mainging i just got the 24" uscutter cutter and wanted to print smaller decals. Will any inkjet printer work? Is there any websight i can look at for info?

not sure but unless your cutter has countour cut you arent gonna get far

how a lot of work at all. I just do an offset path by however much I want it to be spaced or none at all. I can see where my blade hits the vinyl, my Copam makes it easy because it can move x and y axis in increments of 1. So i can get it spot on, it tells me all the x and y axis coordinates as well.

Plenty of people do it on here.

I just bought the workforce 610.  It does 8.5" X 11" . $129.00 plus tax Best Buy or Epson Store. 1. for the durabrite ink. 2 for the fax and copy functions. I have printed several prints now on HP Printable vinyl. I am attaching a pic of an 8"x8" decal i did for my wife's cousin. Her design and colors. Covered it with 3m 8518 Glossy Laminate. Still working out the kinks. But very satisfied so far.

post-4099-12986547860249_thumb.jpg

post-4099-12986547874948_thumb.jpg

For sheet prices: http://www.papilio.com

For the roll self adhesive vinyl I have been using: www.hp.com

>:D

The HP vinyl says its water resistant.  Is it waterproof with the 3m laminate on top?

I was playing with some of the papilio waterproof vinyl yesterday.  Ended up making some nice stickers for a bike shop.  Sprayed it with their UV protectant.  Hopefully it will last quite a while.

why do I continue to read these threads?  Now I have to go to Best Buy and buy a desktop printer.  I'm running out of room - and we just added 2,000 sq ft to the basement.  Jeez!!  >:D

why do I continue to read these threads?  Now I have to go to Best Buy and buy a desktop printer.  I'm running out of room - and we just added 2,000 sq ft to the basement.  Jeez!!   >:D

While you're at it get a Kodak printer which is also supposed to use pigmented ink with much cheaper refills and let me know if it performs as well as the Epson 1200. Thanks >:D

For sheet prices: http://www.papilio.com

For the roll self adhesive vinyl I have been using: www.hp.com

:thumbsup:

The HP vinyl says its water resistant.  Is it waterproof with the 3m laminate on top?

I was playing with some of the papilio waterproof vinyl yesterday.  Ended up making some nice stickers for a bike shop.  Sprayed it with their UV protectant.  Hopefully it will last quite a while.

I have placed decals in water after laminating and it did not run, that were printed on the HP 500 which is dye based.I put some decals in water that had not been laminated or otherwise treated after letting them sit for a while and they barely smeared when rubbed. Do not have any outside for long term exposure yet but will soon. So far the HP vinyl is working in the Epson with Durabrite ink. Now i have to wait for time to pass to see long term effects. By the way i did not seal the edges of the decal on the laptop to see what happens. If you want i could send you a little of the vinyl to try. If you are interested send me a pm. Be a lot cheaper than buying a roll. Planning to order Papilo printable vinyl shortly to try with the Epson Durabrite ink.