mr300s

What's the deal with Walmart Shirts ??

I see some really nice ones today $7.00 each and some other 2 for $10.00 and I have to say they looked really nice with some awesome designs.

I then looked at tees $9.00 for five and $10.00 for five, even had ash and black for the same price.  They had tag less at the same price. I couldn't find anything where they said they were pre washed or what oz.  of course I am sure they weren't 6 oz. but for that price and no shipping?

Whats your take on this?

On another note I think this has been asked but I will again what is the most popular colors and sizes and why do you guys buy and use the 6 oz is it because they hold up better or because the are easier to work with?

For me personally i only use Tultex, American Apparel, JS Apparel, and Bare Apparel shirts. But i'm gearing for more of a fashion type fit with a very light soft hand. I use Gildan for say High school shirts, (Heavyweight Cotton 5.4 oz) anything more and it feels so thick and stiff and def not comfortable.

If I were you and was looking for a cheap shirt but nice quality, the Anvil Short Sleeve Heavyweight Tee 5.4 oz preshrunk or the Gildan Heavyweight Cotton Tee 5.4oz) would be what I would choose. Why? #1 cheap, #2 holds up very well #3 washs great and doesn't shrink

If your going more for a higher price scale and looking for something with a lighter softer hand then def try the Tultex or American Apparel.

Btw, Tultex has a tear away tag and the American Apparel have a side stitch tag. Neither Anvil or Gildan have this so you must cut them.

For me personally i only use Tultex, American Apparel, JS Apparel, and Bare Apparel shirts. But i'm gearing for more of a fashion type fit with a very light soft hand. I use Gildan for say High school shirts, (Heavyweight Cotton 5.4 oz) anything more and it feels so thick and stiff and def not comfortable.

If I were you and was looking for a cheap shirt but nice quality, the Anvil Short Sleeve Heavyweight Tee 5.4 oz preshrunk or the Gildan Heavyweight Cotton Tee 5.4oz) would be what I would choose. Why? #1 cheap, #2 holds up very well #3 washs great and doesn't shrink

If your going more for a higher price scale and looking for something with a lighter softer hand then def try the Tultex or American Apparel.

Btw, Tultex has a tear away tag and the American Apparel have a side stitch tag. Neither Anvil or Gildan have this so you must cut them.

Mader thanks so much that is actually what I needed to know lots of people viewing but no opinions I thank you for taking the time to help me out and respond.  Have a happy thanksgiving...

Anytime, people have helped me more than ever on here and I just want to help. Hope everything works out for you. Let me know if you have any other questions. And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I have been to 100s of shops as service tech for screen print equip. Out of all the shops I have been to, even Central and South America, none of them use garments from a retail store. The quality just isnt the same. The sizing is different, the dye process is different and quality just isnt there. Compare the prices between Walmart and garment supplier, such as Broder Bros., the difference isnt that much.

These shops even refuse work from customers that bring in their own shirts they bought at Walmart thinking they are saving themselves a couple bucks. The difference is really just a few cents and the quality is so much better.

Just like everything else Walmart sells, it is manufactured FOR Walmart. The 46" Samsung HDTV there and the one at Best Buy are NOT the same. The one at Walmart is a lesser quality and fewer features, that is why it is cheaper than what appears to be the same thing at other stores.

Mader where do you buy your shirts? I have looked on jiffyshirts and S&S and neither of them sell tultex or american apparel that I could find?

Thank you,

Christi

I have used some 5.6oz and 6.1 oz Gildan shirts. I prefer the 6.1oz 100% pre-shrunk cotton. My customers see them and think I paid $7 per shirt. lol. So far the most popular size for me is 1x in black. I get them for around $2 each locally.

I prefer the 6.1oz 100% pre-shrunk cotton

Thats what I started using.  I haven't found anywhere local I can buy them.  Have been using Jiffy I think around $3.29 free shipping for black

Give Wolf Printables a call. 800-882-9653. They are here in Louisville, Ky and their prices for the Gildan 100% pre shrunk are

S - XL  White=$1.90 Light $2.30 Black $2.60

2X      White=$2.90 Light $3.46 Black $3.90

3X      White=$3.70 Light $4.50 Black $4.90

They have just about every color under the rainbow. They can probably ship it for about the same you are paying now and these would save you about $1 or more per shirt.

Let them know that Bigfoot Graphix refered you. I told them I would spread the word for them.

I have been told that the Wal-Mart shirts have different materials in them that can cause problems when printing on or applying vinyl to.  For less expensive shirts, or even the more expensive ones, you can use S&S Wholesale, Broder Bros, Imprints Wholesale, etc.  For the lighter weight shirts, you can get them for less than $2 or right at $2 and if you spend more than $100, shipping is free.  Some even have local warehouses you can go and pick up from.  I use all the names mentioned above, Broder Bros more often and have had great experiences.  These companies have numerous brands and price ranges to choose from.  Good Luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I just went to broder and had a case of shirts (72) you had to buy that many (case) in order to get a good price.  Then I went to the cart and when I wanted to check out it was charging me a lot for shipping and said if I wanted free shipping I needed to spend another $150.00 !!! And then it still wasn't free it said ups shipping ground $9.00 something about all discounts don't apply.

I think for now I will stick with Jiffy I get them in 1 day I might pay a quarter or fifty cents more but its true free shipping  over $75.00...... And they have been great and the price is the same weather I buy 1 or 1,000