VectorFest 2009 Voting!

Which one is your favorite?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite?

Nothing. Levi is NOT 2Tone. I personally approve every member and check the IP address before they can post, 2Tone is in the same area, but is a different person altogether. I've even seen his pic.

Someone is just confused. Go to 2Tone's profile and you will see his web site address.

Wow!! I've been away for a few and just caught up on all I missed.  Sorry I wasn't here to vote. All those designs are "Fantastic".. A small sample of the talent on this forum. Congrats to you Mader and all who entered. I wish I had just a smidgeon of that talent. Great job and keep up the EXCELLENT work..  ;D ;D :thumbsup:  :)

I vote for #1! >:D

That is koul , peeplz  >:D  ;D

Good work all! Congrats to Mader and 2Tone on their big win in this contest. I think this contest went very well considering it was our first. This competition gave us a lot of info on what we need to work on in the future. One thing that we noticed is that we should make sure we are very, very clear on the rules so that we do not have any confusion once it comes time to decide the winner. I am glad that this competition went so smoothly and I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated.

Hopefully we can get another competition going again soon. If you have any ideas on what we should do for this next competition please just send me a PM and we will certainly keep your idea in mind.

Pictures of the staff in the winners shirts and shirt/prize distribution to those that entered will be coming soon.

So I never submitted a design... Sorry.. maybe next time. And again I do not mean to start a controversy but DESIGN 1 SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY WIN.. they are the only design that used the US Cutter Logo as is like stated in the rules.. who chose all these designs  I agree that they are cool  dont get me wrong... but only one of them followed the rules... As far as the Mader designs.. I know this has already been discussed but If you change the shirt they are the same design    if you change the colors of the artwork they are different designs, Peroid..  after the problems I had on my last post and the negative comments I decided not to enter because of reasons like these.. I look forward to working with all of you in the future but, now was just not the time!  See you all soon.. and In fairness of everyone who did submit a design.. Please take what I have said into consideration. It has no effect on me whatsoever.. It's just FAIR!  :thumbsup:

So I never submitted a design... Sorry.. maybe next time. And again I do not mean to start a controversy but DESIGN 1 SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY WIN.. they are the only design that used the US Cutter Logo as is like stated in the rules.. who chose all these designs  I agree that they are cool  dont get me wrong... but only one of them followed the rules... As far as the Mader designs.. I know this has already been discussed but If you change the shirt they are the same design    if you change the colors of the artwork they are different designs, Peroid..  after the problems I had on my last post and the negative comments I decided not to enter because of reasons like these.. I look forward to working with all of you in the future but, now was just not the time!  See you all soon.. and In fairness of everyone who did submit a design.. Please take what I have said into consideration. It has no effect on me whatsoever.. It's just FAIR!  :thumbsup:

let's straighten out a few things:

1. The rules state:  'The design must also include the word “USCutter”'.....not the logo. Mader's design did so.(as they all did)

2. Different colors..different design? Really? So a Red Mustang is a different model than a blue Mustang if only the colors are different? Give me a break.

3. If the rules had stated that entries must be from active forum members...instead of people joining just to enter the contest...design1 wouldn't even had made the cut. The person who entered Design 1 has not before, or since,. contributed anything to the forums...and the contest was, after all..designed to reward the members for all that they do to help each other.

4. If anyone who had more than one membership from the same IP address had been disqualified, Design1 would not have made the cut.

Next time, believe me, things will be different. Nobody will be able to manipulate the voting.And there will be a minimum of posts prior to teh contest requirement to stop someone from joining just to enter the contest. IT's not fair to all the members who contribute their time and effort into making the forums what they are.

Yup.. It's all over but the crying!

:thumbsup::-X;D . That wise comment takes on added meaning  :thumbsup:

So I never submitted a design... Sorry.. maybe next time. And again I do not mean to start a controversy but DESIGN 1 SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY WIN.. they are the only design that used the US Cutter Logo as is like stated in the rules.. who chose all these designs  I agree that they are cool  dont get me wrong... but only one of them followed the rules... As far as the Mader designs.. I know this has already been discussed but If you change the shirt they are the same design    if you change the colors of the artwork they are different designs, Peroid..  after the problems I had on my last post and the negative comments I decided not to enter because of reasons like these.. I look forward to working with all of you in the future but, now was just not the time!  See you all soon.. and In fairness of everyone who did submit a design.. Please take what I have said into consideration. It has no effect on me whatsoever.. It's just FAIR!  :huh:

let's straighten out a few things:

1. The rules state:  'The design must also include the word

Banner John,

Let me just clear something up.  I have been a member of this forum way before the contest even started and I made a post on this forum a few months ago.  Just because I don't post as often as other people doesn't mean I am not an active forum member.  I find the forums very useful and I get all my questions answered by just reading.  If I have nothing to post, why should I post?  Just to get stars by my name and become a hero member?  As far as having multiple memberships with the same IP address, consider this.  My business partner and I work out of my home office.  He has a desk and I have a desk that share the same internet connection and sometimes we even share the same computer.  He did join the forum just to enter the contest, but his design did not win.  On top of that, the rules never said anything about being an active member to enter the contest.  I told him about it and he thought he would give it a try.  I would think that US Cutter would be happy to have new people join their forums.  I have read some of your responses to people's post and you have an uninviting  way of making people feel not welcome... especially the newbies. 

Can't please everyone I guess.

I'm sure US Cutter would be thrilled for new members to join and CONTRIBUTE to the forums. Why have 1,000,000 members if only 20 try to help?

Sometimes the truth hurts as well. New members come on asking the same questions over and over, when all they had to do was use the search feature. I'm a part of several forums and this one by far is the most laid back when it comes to "newbies" of them all.

I'm not sure why their are so many sour grapes, it was a fun contest that people had to take wayyy to serious and pretty much ruin the fun.

yeah I know how many posts you made before the contest started..1...in 6 months,. As for your business partner...fine...how about the third member from your IP address?

US Cutter is happy to have as many forum members as they can get. However, the contest was a intended to be a reward (as I stated) for the many contributions members make..not to attract new ones.

If some sort of controls are not in place...then anyone with a lot of friends or family members can stack the deck and keep the results from being true and honest. And anyone who can get free email addresses can join as many times as they want.

It won't happen again. The problem we didn't see...was that if everyone sees the voting results before the contest is over..it leads to problems.

Mader played by the rules. You complained. You won second place. So you came out OK. What's the beef? I worked harder than anyone and I might get a T-shirt...which probably won't fit.

hahah @ American, i just cracked up when I seen this. Someone posted this awhile back on another forum one time. So i immediately knew what it was going to say lol

I remember that song. Ricky never did get why and how he became famous, and what his fans wanted from him.