arhash

using vinyk cutter to trim out stickers

Does anyone know if the vinyl cutters can be used to perforate or cut out after the design has been made?  I have tried using a cutting force of 50 and copied multiple lines in AI to cut multiple times in order to cut out the stickers.  If there anything else I can do?

well I am trying to cut out the vinyl and then trim them out so I can hand them out.  I guess I am just looking to cut them out after they have been cut out.  Here is my flickr account you can check out what I mean as far as stickers are concerned

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/362553183_91561a5fdd_o.jpg

or even these

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/156/367689740_c6e7d6c71d_o.jpg

I used scissors to cut these out.

The best way is to set a cut whether it's oval retangular or even contour.You cut it the same depth as your original cut,then you trim it in a rectangle around the design so they can just peel it off and apply.

I have tried that, which works well, but I am trying to actually cut out the stickers from the backing and the vinyl.  Is this possible?

I suppose that it is possible, but, you will probably do more harm then good.

After your decal is cut, you would then have to remove the blade holder from the machine and adjust the blade out a considerable amout.  then you would have to run the plot again and set your force probably really high in order for it to cut all the way thru.

You will most likely ruin your cutting strip in doing so, and also dull your blades extremely fast.

it is possible, but highly not reccomended.

I don't see how you could cut the designs out without ruining the vinyl or worse the cutter.Once you do a complete cutout of the first design it will break down the strength of the vinyl and start buckling from the lack of support.You could take a piece of cardboard and tape it to the back,but you would have the same problem because you can't adhere the cardboard to the vinyl.I have never had any problem with my customers about the backing sheet being a rectangle or square cut around the design because it's not part of the design,and will not be showing when the design is applied.