Sign in to follow this  
signwerx

Laser engraver

Hey guys,  I'm in the mkt for a Lazer engraver for under 10k.  Anybody got any ideas?  Currently looking at

a Rayjet.  Plan on purchasing before Christmas.  Any help would be appreciated.  THX, PT

We have a Vytek FX/2 where I work, does some damn fine work, you might be able to find a used one in your price range. We've never had any issues with ours.

Sorry guys,  been out of pocket.  Primarily I need to engrave leather, stainless steel recepticle covers,  manufactoring

equipment plates, etc.  Thx for the response.  You guys are indeed,  GREAT!! :thumbsup:  PT

I just bought  laser engraver from Bosslaser Pretty good people The laser will come completely crated and well packaged I am using the Engravelab9 i got the BL 2436 I got the combo pack with the computer ( bossone ) engravelab chiller air pump with a 60 watt laser

I got an email from Chewbarka Tags with a special August-only offer on an infrared laser engraver.  I submitted my information and got an email with some literature, but no price.   Then later in the day I got a call from a sales person letting me know that the normal price is $21....thousand dollars, but right now it's on sale for less than $18,000.

That's a complete system with laptop computer, software, and more.  It's an awesome looking system, super-duper fast, watching the videos it looks like magic, but do you have any idea how many $5 pet tags I would need to engrave to pay off an $18,000 engraver?   They did include a link to a finance company and they told me that I could finance it for as little as $300 per month...

So, if I buy the anodized aluminum pet tags in qty of 1,000 and get them for $0.60 each and can find a market for $5 engraved pet tags, I only need to sell 69 pet tags every month for 6  years to cover the cost of tags and engraver... and more if I actually want to earn a profit...   I just don't see that happening in a town of 25,000 people, and if I do online sales then I need to sell even more to offset the costs of online sales and shipping...   And it looked so cool, too...

You just have to do more than just Pet Tags. You can do plaques etc..