Sign in to follow this  
Beavis97

My First Decal

Here is a picture of my first decal.. Just got my machine last week and have been playing around with. Picture is not to great it was with my cell phone.

photo_12.jpg

Yes that is the same thing I thought when I put the blue on.. It was the only part I did'nt like of it... I thought about putting the number smaller between to top part of the flags..

Beavis, you'll learn which works and doesn't only with time. But tinted windows will def not let dark colors show well. Maybe try a white outline around it even if you like the blue.

Nice, jumped right into a 4 color!  Great job. :huh:

Yeah, if you would have incorporated the white into an outline of the numbers they would have popped right out from the decal.

Guest fivestar

Nice job, yeah I would put a white border around the number.

Thanks everyone for all the comments.. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear are some inputs on it.. I think I like the idea on the white outline... Is there a way to just make an outline instead of doing then white 97# just bigger under the blue? I use SignBlazer

Here is another multi color decal... How Much would you think I should charge for this.. Just to see if I am figuring it out right.. The size is 9inx10in..

post-6662-12986547804121_thumb.jpg

post-6662-12986547821916_thumb.jpg

I figured 10x12 3 color layered/assembled Ready-to-apply I would be $22 or so.

Good job on the designs. 

The white outline for use on tinted glass is the way I do it now (I had to redo a batch of decals that didn't show up well on tinted window)

I like to just layer the colored letters over a solid piece of white.  I have also "punched" out the letter from the background white and inserted the colored pieces.  The results are nearly the same, but there is less weeding and fussing around to get the colored layer applied if I leave the white pieces solid.

-mike

Here is another one.. the skull is kinda of hard to see in the picture because of the backing color

post-6662-12986547815619_thumb.jpg

post-6662-12986547830669_thumb.jpg

on the first one how did u do the flags?

The flag had a solid black background and then I put on all of the white part of the flag... If you need the image let me know and I will send it..