Sign in to follow this  
lwsimon

Using the pinch rollers on the MH-series 24" cutter

Just a quick note - I figured out that I was having some issues with the center roller on my cutter, but it wa s due to placement.  When using cheap vinyl especially, if you put the roller right between the two bottom feed rollers, the vinyl will bunch up.

Move the central roller an inch to either side, and the problem is gone.

on my non-US cutters, there is a sticker telling you not to put a pinch rollere there. That part doesn't move.

A sticker seems like a good idea that wouldn't add much cost.  Surely you guys could find someone to cut some for you :huh:

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. I believe these stickers used to come with this machine. They certainly come with the rest of our value cutters.

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. I believe these stickers used to come with this machine. They certainly come with the rest of our value cutters.

yes,they did. My older MH721 had one, my new mh870 doesn't.

It should be checked into..under the right circustances, damage can be done. The only time I did it (by accident,wasn't paying attention) It jerked the carriage off the track and broke the blade holder.

Why? Because the vinyl all of the sudden went at an angle and took the blade holder with it?

the vinyl bunched up, the carriage caught on it,and I couldn't shut it off fast enough. I wasn't right next to it.

Ack, that's a bummer. I will work on getting the sticker added back to the machines, but I am sure it will be months before this change is reflected at the user level.

i only noticed this myself today and mine does have a sticker on the front of open rectangle no lettering so unless you knew what it was for you wouldn't have a clue.  I had wondered why when i have the pinch roller in the middle exactly in the middle it bunches the vinyl up, had i have just looked underneath where it goes i would see that its making contact with a plastic block rather than a roller DUH!!! but atleast i learnt something new today