Sign in to follow this  
section8ight

LaserPoint 24" isnt showing up on my computer

okay i think i might not have got a driver for the cutter, but where can i get one from or should i just switch back to a PC for this whole vinyl project? i have AI and CS4 on my mac so i thought it would be better but have not been able to cut a thing with my new cutter. help please! :huh:

Follow the directions on the sticky thread for  "MH-721 up and running on my Macbook Pro - here's how"

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,22143.0.html

My LP 24 runs great set up this way. No keyspan adapter needed. Just use the supplied USB cable and download the mac FTDI drivers for VCP (virtual com port) I am running 10.5.7 on my Macbook, so don't know if compatible with Snow Leopard.

First of you'll want to determine if your mac is an Intel based chipset or not.  Then go to support.uscutter.com, and find the downloads section, look for FTDI driver, and go into the More Files section.  Depending on whether you have an Intel chip or not, you will want to download either the FTDI for Mac or FTDI Driver Mac non-intel.  Install these onto your computer.  After this you should be able to see the port in your cutter setup.

Mac's USB configuration drivers unfortunately are not the easiest to setup, nor are they consistent.  Because of this, whether you will need a Keyspan adapter to run it from Serial to USB or not, will vary.  However, it tends to make the connection a bit more stable if we go this route.