Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Looks like I am getting a heat press

Phoenix Phire 16x20 Auto-Open Digital Heat Press is what I decided on looking at a almost brand new used one.

Any feedback on them?

heatpress.jpg

Guest kenya

WOW...... looks like a super nice press Bill.  :thumbsup:

Looks virtually the same as my Hotronix heat press.  Only real difference, it looks like, is a single timer on the Phoenix instead of the twin timer on the Hotronix (which doesn't make much of a difference to me, personally, to have the twin timer).  Your gonna love it!  It's nice having a 16x20 platen, too.

Edit:  Just a piece of info on the magnetic lockdown.  Stahls did not build into these heat presses any kind of button to disengage the magnetic lock earlier than the length of the timer.  I called Stahls about this when I first bought my Hotronix press from USC.  They told me that all you have to do to release the lock early is to give a swift bump upwards on the lever with your fist.  It's enough of a hold that you can't just lift the lever, but a swift bump does the job easily (and doesn't hurt your hand or the press by doing that). :thumbsup:

Looks virtually the same as my Hotronix heat press.  Only real difference, it looks like, is a single timer on the Phoenix instead of the twin timer on the Hotronix (which doesn't make much of a difference to me, personally, to have the twin timer).  Your gonna love it!  It's nice having a 16x20 platen, too.

Edit:  Just a piece of info on the magnetic lockdown.  Stahls did not build into these heat presses any kind of button to disengage the magnetic lock earlier than the length of the timer.  I called Stahls about this when I first bought my Hotronix press from USC.  They told me that all you have to do to release the lock early is to give a swift bump upwards on the lever with your fist.  It's enough of a hold that you can't just lift the lever, but a swift bump does the job easily (and doesn't hurt your hand or the press by doing that). :thumbsup:

Thanks it has two timers you set the first time then the second time on the same screen.  that is great to know I was thinking I wonder how many shirts will burn in the beginning LOL

I was trying to look at the differences on the Stahls website between the Hotronix and the Phoenix, but the manual on the Phoenix page is the manual for the Hotronix press.

I was trying to look at the differences on the Stahls website between the Hotronix and the Phoenix, but the manual on the Phoenix page is the manual for the Hotronix press.

As far as I can tell exact machine just different names

from another forum

Here is a little secret that some people know. Imprintables Warehouse (who sells the Phoenix Phire), Transfer Express and Stahls are owned by the same one company. Hotronix heat presses were made in the same exact building as Imprintables when I visited there about 14 months ago. I know they were adding on to the building, so I am not sure where they are located right now.

I think the main reason for companies to private label an item is to develop a brand name for a specific product. I have seen this work where someone that was right next to a Hotronix distributor purchased from Imprintables that was farther away. I give props to Imprintables for creating such a great brand name.

I can confirm the Phoenix is the exact same machine as the Hotronix.  The Phoenix is just the sales brand used by the company Imprintables Warehouse.